dbpoweramp flac ripping help

a2themfk

Established Member
Reaction score
currently trying to get all my cd's ripped to flac to use as master files, but im havin trouble converting them into mp3 lame as when selecting the album it wont me select the complete album as one instaed it only lets me select 1 track/file @ a time.
there's prob an easy way to select all but when i highlight the whole album to convert it only selects the last file :mad:
any pointers
cheers D

EDIT - Also could do with a few pointers how to use MP3tag ?

If no-one can help here give hydrogen-audio.org a go as at least one of the dbPowerAmp developers hangs out there.

Tick the album folder box and all the tracks should have ticks next to them. If they dont, tick the album folder again.

It just selects and deselects the tracks.

Have you got the Batch Converter?

cheers for the info guys, im using using it as ive said, it imports an album as single tracks into my music and im sorting them into ablums once there inported. there may be an easier way but this works if not a bit long winded

You can use the naming option to specify individual album folders. For example (on my laptop, which uses XP):

Path: My Documents\My Music

Naming: [album artist]\([year]) [album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

For example, this gives me:
a file called "01 Electric Light Orchestra - Turn to Stone",
in a folder called "(1977) Out of the Blue",
in a folder called "Electric Light Orchestra",
in the "My Music" folder.

As mentioned above, using the dBpoweramp batch converter allows you to convert a whole album at a time (or many albums if you wish).

Hope that helps

You can use the naming option to specify individual album folders. For example (on my laptop, which uses XP):

Path: My Documents\My Music

Naming: [album artist]\([year]) [album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

For example, this gives me:
a file called "01 Electric Light Orchestra - Turn to Stone",
in a folder called "(1977) Out of the Blue",
in a folder called "Electric Light Orchestra",
in the "My Music" folder.

As mentioned above, using the dBpoweramp batch converter allows you to convert a whole album at a time (or many albums if you wish).

Hope that helps

cheers bud that works a treat !
now my nxt problem, converting the flac tracks to mp3 using dbpoweramp music converter, there seems to be no way to change the dymanic settings to change the path for artist tiltle etc like the above to create an artist, album, track, folders rather than seperate tracks

using the batch converter, once you have selected the files you wish to convert, hit the convert button and a new box will appear (after a slight pause) and it will give you the same options.

You could also download the multi-encoder codec from dBpoweramp Codec Central Utility Codecs and rip to both flac & mp3 at the same time. You can choose a different folder destination for both mp3 & flac formats as they are being ripped. This works well for me and saves a lot of time.

What version of dbpoweramp are you all using? Do I need the reference version if I want to rip to FLAC and MP3 at the same time ? Also I'd like the command line option.

downloaded the mulit encoder but again there's no option to change the dymanic options to change the path, it set to default and i wont let me select that option :mad:

still no luck, even with both flac and mp3 codec paths set to doifferant folders and in the multi codec path set to orignal folder both files end up in the same folder !

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom