Dazzle DVD Recorder (Computer-VCR) Problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by kymagic, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kymagic

kymagic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been given this Dazzle DVD Recorder as a present. Basically, it lets you connect an analogue video source (most commonly a video recorder) to your computer via USB. It has installed correctly, and i know the actual box works. I know this because I managed to connect it to a PS2 using the RCA connection. I am trying to connect it to my video recorder, but it does not seem to be working. Below is the setup:

Computer > Dazzle Box > RCA Lead > RCA to Scart Connector > VCR

There are two scart connectors at the back of my VCR (A Toshiba V-252UK). One of them is labelled as AV1(EURO AV), and the other AV2(SATELLITE)IN. The Instruction manual says that the direction for AV1 is In/Out, and the AV2 is just in. I have tried both scart sockets, and neither seem to be outputting any signal to my computer. I am assuming that i should be using the AV1 socket, but as I said, neither work. Does In/Out mean anything different other than that the signal can go either way? Or does anyone know of anything that I need to do in order to "tell" the VCR which way the signal needs to be going?

Thank you Iin advance for any help

2. Analogue

Analogue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have a Dazzle DVC 90 which works well at importing analogue video. I would suggest that the problem may be with the RCA- Scart adapter. Please ensure this is not an out only device. I have one of these adapters also but mine has a switch on it "in/out"

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,306
    Indeed. The AV1 socket on the VCR will be bi-directional, but quite possibly your adaptor is not (or is, but is set for the wrong direction). This is the first thing to confirm.

4. kymagic

kymagic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about it, the only other time i have used the adapter is when the signal is going the other way round, and it has no switch. I shall go and find either a proper RCA-Scart lead to lose the need for the connector, or get a connecter that is the right way round. Thank you for your help.