1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dazian cloth

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gecko, Mar 11, 2003.

1. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having made a hole in my living room wall to put our HS10 in the adjacent room I need a much bigger screen (9’ length) and as I cannot afford a screen that size I need to make one asap so can anyone help me with the following…

Has anyone (in the UK) made a screen from the Dazian projection cloth frequently mentioned on the US forum? I assume from the Dazian website that they will ship it worldwide so it shouldn’t be a problem to obtain…

Second question: If I decide to use blackout cloth to make a screen which side should I paint? There seems to be some people who project onto the rubber side and others that use the woven side. Does paint stick to the rubber side OK?

Whatever I use I’m planning to make a roller blind type arrangement.

Cheers,

Steve.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK, theritz has been in contact with Dazian - could be wrong though :confused:

He should be along presently :smoke:

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Gecko,

Yip, I've been in contact with Dazian, was interested in their Coated Celtic screen material - v. good results reported over oon avsforum, and its also 90% + acoustically transparent without being microperf - hence suitable for stealth speakers and LCD.

I was quoted about $25 for shipping to Ireland - should be the same for U.K., and I understand that they take good care wrapping to try to avoid creasing etc.

A screen made of this stuff is on my "to do" list, but is awaiting a decision on reversing the orientation of my movie room and opting for a thru-the-wall projection solution at the same time.

If you email Dazian, you'll find them v. helpful.

All the best,

Sean G.

4. gecko

gecko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I'll send them an email and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Steve.