1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daz, Delta, owners of Tosh RPTV's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by -, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi David,

I'm not sure about this one...I forgot to bring it up with the engineer last time he visited...It can be tricky to demonstrate. At the moment, I do not notice it on my TV..it's one of those things you notice when you are looking for it perhaps. It's also possible that I just fiddled with the brightness/contrast settings and turned them down to make it less noticeable.

IF you want an engr to look, I'd contact Hi-Spek, they'll arrange for someone to come around. You could talk to Tosh directly, but typically they will refer you to your dealer.

I'll look out for this on my set.... Perhaps it was inadvertently fixed when the Tosh engr tweaked the setting for brightness fluctations in DVD ?

Cheers
    Daz

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get this problem on my 36" Tosh set, seems to be effecting both rear pro tvs and crt. Must be a prob with electronics Tosh are using in their sets.
    Magikk i dont know if this will help when you demo problem for a tosh engineer, on tape i notice it on The Mask of Zorro,DVD The green mile and bugs life where pretty bad watch films through and note scenes where its at its worse.
    I am waiting for a Tosh engineer getting back to me, i hope not but fear Tosh know all about this but are ignoring problem.
    Do you get problem a lot on sky tv it drives me nuts on sky movies its a lottery if you can watch any film without this happening... :(

3. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Daz and Martin. Haven't tried Sky yetas I've just moved house.

4. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1/
    I have started to notice this brightness fluctuation mentioned on previous threads of the forum - the one where something large in the foreground of the picture can momentarily affect the brightness level of stuff in the background. Is this basically a quirk of Tosh RPTV's, though I do see it a little on my Sony FX60, though not as much

2/
    Should I get an engineer out to fiddle in the service menu etc? If so do you go direct to Tosh or the retailer? (in my case Hi Spek)

3/ Where do I get this Platinum or Video essentials stuff I keep seeing in posts, and how much is it?

Thanks Gentlemen