DayZ (Currently In Preview)

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread for this but can't seem to find one.

Surprise! Here's how DayZ gameplay looks running on actual Xbox hardware. Announced back in 2015 alongside the Xbox Game Preview program, DayZ is still coming to Xbox and we've played it. Join us in our epic quest to shoot zombies and find a drink of water in this DayZ gameplay on Xbox One X, then subscribe for more on Outside Xbox. This DayZ Xbox gameplay is all played in offline single-player mode, so although you won't see us being murdered or forced to drink bleach by player-controlled bandits, you will get a feel for DayZ's new graphical engine (which will also be introduced to the PC version) and how the survival elements work.

I've bought a lot of games I regret over the years, but none so much as the DayZ early access on PC. Hope it fairs better on Xbox.

Doesn't look great does it.
Such a shame....remember playing the mod on an old pc years ago.
I think they will struggle to turn around the bad publicity as you say around the botched pc early access launch.

Yep.. .. Something just looks "wrong" :(

I loved this back in the day - upgraded my PC to an SSD and the difference in performance (in towns) was night and day!

The issue I have with this is, I actually quite like the just surviving aspect - what I loved was trying to creep around and find interesting places, I was hopeful they might add more into the survival side but then it all went battle royale and I lost my interest.

Is there a way of playing this on friendly servers or offline or anything like that? Do we know the price yet?

They are adding private servers to Xbox version soon allegedly. You could always pick a low population server and you can always server hop.

Game goes live at 6pm this evening btw.

I was watching Mixer streams of this lastnight and thought it looked good, what's with all the hate towards the game? it's PC history?

i downloaded the trial and 10 mins after loading it up i`ve uninstalled it :facepalm::rotfl: i wouldn`t pay £31.99 for that game :(

Well it looks absolutely gorgeous But collision detection is poor, and above all the Inventory mechanic seems borked, so they've still a good bit of work to do

I tried it, played for 45mins and deleted it, it looks ok, but pop in is terrible.

The inventory is awful, and just opening doors is painful, one door will open to the left, the next will be to the right, if your entering a house with a porch you end up being trapped and having to close the door, walk out and open it again.

It's very painful to play, and I died first time as the server went down.

Avoid this game like the plague! Looks and plays like a 20 year old game. Hard to believe that this game costs around £30.00. Half an hour of wasted time!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom