Dayton / Dali Kitchen Setup?

marshole82

Novice Member
Hey everyone,

Been a long time since posting, I've been happy with my setup but it's now time for a change. I'm far from an audiophile but I do like nice things that function well and fit an aesthetic!

I'm looking at a kitchen setup for around £400 (amp+pair of speakers+cables) that will produce a nice sound and won't get lost in my kitchen - I'll be attaching the Echo to it, not my favourite choice but it's a family room so makes it easy when entertaining and when the kids want something on.

I have a timber frame house (in the UK - not sure if this is mainly a UK-user site or not?!), the kitchen spans the width of the house, so probably 10ft x 20ft, standard 8ft ish height over here. It's a hard floor but we do have a sofa and quite a bit of furniture in it.

I'm looking for an auto-on/off amp and have come across the Dayton APA150 which looks to do what I want and is within budget if I can find one. I wanted to pair this was some Dali Spektor 2 speakers. But I have no way of knowing what sort of sound these would produce when paired in my room.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Dayton amp or the Dali speakers that could give me some insight into it please?

Or any alternatives to either?

Ta!
Oli

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom