For Sale Dayton Audio SPA1000 1000W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier - x4 **PRICE DROP**

AdamAttewell

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Reaction score
Up for sale is four Dayton Audio SPA1000 1000W Subwoofer Plate Amplifiers, I am selling due to them being not suitable for my build.

They have been used a couple of times but that's it so basically brand new, tiny marks from where the screw heads have contacted the plate but these will not be visible when you mount the amp as the screw heads cover them.

Small traces of glue & insulation are on the internal cover but this is not an issue as it is only cosmetic & will be on the inside of your cabinet.

I do not have the original packaging.

Would like to sell all four at once but I am prepared to sell them separately, collection would be preferred due to their weight but I can ship them if required.

All come with a power cable & fixing screws.

Postage to the UK mainland via DPD next day delivery is £30. This is fully insured hence the price.

The Dayton Audio SPA1000 is one of the most technologically advanced subwoofer amplifiers on the market today!

The Dayton Audio SPA1000 subwoofer amplifier is based on a state-of-the-art Class-G circuit topology that combines the proven high power, high fidelity characteristics of a Class-AB amplifier with a patented tracking down converter power supply to achieve an operating efficiency up to 86%.

You get the efficiency of a Class-D amplifier without compromising audio quality and reliability. The Class-AB output stage provides the clean and low-distortion sound that audiophiles demand, without any of the instability problems that plague other high-efficiency amplifier designs.

This American-designed and engineered amplifier uses patented circuitry that continuously tracks the input signal to modulate or control the voltage available to the output stage.

This "tracking" capability delivers the exact amount of power based on demand instead of constantly keeping it in reserve, so the output stage only draws the amount of power that is required at any given time. Less energy is wasted as heat, and more power is available for the subwoofer driver.

With its enhanced thermal management, the SPA1000 is an upgrade over previous models—making it a nearly bulletproof amplifier choice for today's demanding HT audio and music playback applications.

Specifications: • Rated power output: 497 watts into 8 ohms, 950 watts into 4 ohms with 0.92% THD (based on one-third power duty cycle) • S/N ratio: 98 dB (A-weighted) • Low-pass crossover: 30 - 200 Hz, 24 dB/octave • Parametric EQ: Frequency: 18 - 80 Hz; Bandwidth: 0.1 - 1 Q; Level: -14.5 dB to +6 dB • Phase Adjustment: 0° (NOR) or 180° (REV) • Input impedance: 12K ohms • Input voltage: User switchable 115V/230V (Euro cord available) • Stand-by power rating: 115V 24W; 230V 18.4W • Efficiency: 86% • Net weight: 17 lbs. • Dimensions: 11-15/16" W x 11-15/16" H x 5-1/4" D; Cutout dimensions: 10" W x 10" H.

Price and currency
Was £325, now £290 each
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Bank transfer or cash

Attachments

Last edited:

AdamAttewell

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Reaction score
I am in Nottingham unfortunately, for two of them it would be £640 with next day delivery.

I would ship them in separate boxes due to their weight & so they do not get damaged.

Quite a saving from the £865 to buy them new.

Last edited:

steviesub

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi THB that’s a bit more than I’m willing to go to.
I could got to £500.
That’s my offer many thanks

AdamAttewell

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Reaction score
Hi THB that’s a bit more than I’m willing to go to.
I could got to £500.
That’s my offer many thanks
I appreciate the offer but that is to low for me.

I purchased these amps for £430 each a few months ago & have used them a handful of times so are basically brand new.

steviesub

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer but that is to low for me.

I purchased these amps for £430 each a few months ago & have used them a handful of times so are basically brand new.
[/QUOTE
£550.cant go any more.
I prefer plated boxes but I’m building to 15inch Dayton subs and if it doesn’t work out then I would have to go down the route of a power amp.
Thanks

AdamAttewell

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Reaction score
Meet me in the middle at £565 & I will throw the postage in for free.

steviesub

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi because it’s been a bit of time I’m now looking at going down the route of a Crown 2502 which are a bit cheaper but will get back to you.

steviesub

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi Adam things at this time did not work out,I’m willing to offer £520 delivered and move to PM.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn announces Majik DSM digital streamer upgrade
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces WH-1000XM4 noise cancelling headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches C22 Mk V preamp and MC1502 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Marantz unveils 12 Series Special Edition models