1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daylight viewing?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NicolasB, Aug 30, 2005.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +566
    How close are we to the point where a screen can produce a bright enough image from a front-projector to be comfortably viewable in daylight? I'm thinking of a dark, very-high-gain screen, designed to reduce reflections of ambient light but maximise reflection of the projected image. (Might make for narrow viewing angles, of course).

And has anyone experimented with using two different screens in the same installation? (A high-gain, narrow-angle one for use during the day, and a wide-angle one for use in the dark, that is. Obviously not feasible with something like a CRT projector, but might be with a digital model that can be quickly and easily refocused with no convergence problems.)

2. GaryM999

GaryM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm hoping to complete a diy screen using the Light Fusion technique (Info here &here for just this purpose. I've dumped the TV in the lounge in favour of a 2000L DLP for a year and a half now, but daylight viewing does need the curtains to be drawn for most material. The LF screen should reduce this need.

When done I will be doing side by side comparisions and hopefully post some pics.