Daylight Running Lights Question.

Garrett

Reaction score
I have been checking the car over and noticed the passenger side daylight running light is dimmer than the driver’s side. Is this normal for daylight running lights or should they be both the same brightness.

dodgy earth connection - pull the connecting leads out, clean it and it should ok.

both sides should be the same

Thank I will try tomorrow, you just may have saved me a bit of money :smashin:

One thing before I look is that that when I put the lights into parking mode is that they are both the same brightness.
I.E. they go from bright and dim to dim and dim. Rather than to dim and dimmer. (sounds like a good name for a film).

Cleaning the contacts is the best place to start first as a dodgy earth will make them go dim.

T'other halfs Ford Probe suffers from this, new connectors (the old ones were far to gone from water ingress) and all is well

Took the bulb out and saw it had 2 elements I one must be for parking the other for running. I then looked at the contact for the bottom of the bulb and saw it had some oxidisation, I just scraped it of and Bobs you fathers brother.

Thank for pointing me in the right direction. :smashin:

its most alarming when it happens to the headlights :eek:

Cover everything in vaseline when you're done - the connectors that is, not your self (?)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom