1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day of the Dead SE

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by captaineyecatch, Dec 12, 2002.

1. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Great news from Anchor bay US - They have confirmed the details on the SE of Day of the Dead - Superb Gore filled zombie flick cant wait for this :)
    Anchor Bay's Day of the Dead special edition will hit on April 29, 2003. The DVD will be a 2-disc set and include a THX-certified 1.85:1 transfer, Dolby 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES surround tracks, an audio commentary with George Romero, 2 featurettes, still galleries, complete screenplay, trailers, and a collectible booklet. MSRP is $34.95
    Just have to wait for the Dawn SE and my Dead trilogy will be complete :D

2. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    since seeing the die hard movies recently and the attempt they made in upgrading the sound for those I do't hold much hope for this vesion of day of the dead unless extra footage is avaliable, which I dont' belive it is.
    Any news on this front or is it the same release as last time

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No new footage Sadly :( But the new disc will be taken from the original negatives so (hopefully) the quality should be great - much better than the old Anchor bay release which was very ropey. I'll be interested in the Sceenplay especially if its the screenplay of the Proper Day of the dead - Romero had to change and cut alot of the movie because funding fell through. Plus the audio com should be interesting.