Day 1 Sell-out?

Jonesy012

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What happened when the 3Gs or 3G was launched? I want to sort of take my time to choose between my options as I've never had an iPhone before. Do I upgrade with Orange or go to somebody totally new? Anyway, if it does sell out day one, when could we expect a second batch?

3G was carnage. I was at the front of a 100 strong queue outside O2 in Cannon St on release day.

8am opening, I got there about 5.30 am

Not sure about 3GS as it wasnt a big deal for me.. hardly a worthwhile upgrade at all..

The iPhone 4 is a massive step up.. possibly moreso than the original 2G to 3G.. hence...

I expect / predict carnage once more!

Alarm clocks / sleeping bags/stoves at the ready!

is there any hope do we think that the pre order might ease things a little at least, 9 days from pre order to release and hopefully that gives them time to request stock to fulfill the pre orders at the least

yeah im hoping pre orders can be put aside in a store of your choice,

i know its not the really the same but when Call of Duty MW2 was released the queues at ASDA were massive but everyone who pre ordered was given priority

Then again there were huge queues for the iPad. Or you could just walk into PCWorld and pick one off the shelf.
FWIW my 3GS arrived through the post from CPW on release day.

Can we pre-order in the uk though?
I called O2 today to see what the upgrade procedure is and they told me that I need to phone them on the 24th to request the new iPhone as my upgrade :(

For the 3GS I had absolute no problem whatsoever. I went up early and got it but even by lunch time my local Apple store still had some phones is stock.

Might be a bit different though with the Iphone 4 because the amount of things that is different.

surely if we pre-order then we dont have to que up and wait on launch day we can go later on and there will be one put aside?

I'm assuming if you pre-order online they send it to you.
I'm going to order 1 online & pick my daughters up in store. She's never been to the store on launch day before so wants to go.
Am I right in thinking it will be only 1 per customer?

I remember ordering the 2G online, next day delivery. Got to 6pm and thought oh well maybe tomorrow and the courier turned up at 8pm with it! :thumbsup:

I'd rather pick it up, I've had no luck with day of release stuff getting delivered, usually comes nxt day

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom