Day 1 PS4 Update spotted..

I'm surprised the internet isn't going wild about the fact you can't have custom soundtracks of songs you have on your ps4; you need music unlimited.

I thought that'd be a big grumble for many!

(Not me ; as I respect the sound design choices made by artists)

I'm surprised the internet isn't going wild about the fact you can't have custom soundtracks of songs you have on your ps4; you need music unlimited.

I thought that'd be a big grumble for many!

(Not me ; as I respect the sound design choices made by artists)[/

As you have respected games right up until you've gone " it's my ball and I'm talking it home " and have hissy fits that it's not made especially for you .

But it is nice you are now showing compromise and are letting the artist decide for you up until you want a Change :smashin:

Nothing wrong with criticising clear balance issues that disrupt the games.

But a lot of time and effort goes into sound for tv, film and games that is perfectly blended and chosen to create a specific atmosphere and mood. It's incredibly disrespectful to the dubbing mixer and music editor to turn off half their audio work and replace it with the likes of Kanye west.

It's fine to say "here.... This chopper can repair itself and it's flares and rockets are magically self created by some kind of fairy in the back..sort that out for gods sake"

Coming from someone who does that for a living... but then you criticize people for making choices in games when they do that for a living.

Not sure I understand.

Imbalance is not an artistic choice. It's a failure. That needs - and rightly does get - fixed via patches.

The art style of a game I'd never slander as that's the vision the artists involved have gone for.

I don't view the decision to have regenerating health for vehicles (and other balance values) in games to be an art on the same level as sound and vision - the creation of the feeling and emotion of a game experience, but I'm sure there are those that do I guess :)

Also there are times where id even hypocritically disagree with myself on this issue such as Gran Turismo. I'd rather listen to my own music, as opposed to the songs that have been chosen by the music editor of that franchise but I think that's different from scores created for a game to create Atmos as opposed to some "background tunes for driving". It's a complex area clearly

So basically you want every game made to revolve around you and your choices . Doesn't serve well for MP games does it as we play in a community. You are either very high right now or have a god complex or a " I want " child complex and won't play if I don't have it my way. You must be old enough to realise that games are made for the masses and not one player. SometimesI wondet why you even bother but without your podts the forums would become boring with everyone so in tune.

So basically you want every game made to revolve around you and your choices . Doesn't serve well for MP games does it as we play in a community. You are either very high right now or have a god complex or a " I want " child complex and won't play if I don't have it my way. You must be old enough to realise that games are made for the masses and not one player. SometimesI wondet why you even bother but without your podts the forums would become boring with everyone so in tune.

No god complex at all :)

I reckon a majority of people who play battlefield and don't abuse the chopper balance issues would probably agree they need adjusted.

But people can play anyway they want as long as they're not cheating. I learned this a long time ago.

I don't think any of my opinions are controversial so the forums wouldn't be very different or more boring without people like me

My God complex on Battlefield doesn't seem to include me in being able to fly :smashin:. But I always got by up until the controller seems to fly out of my hands.

I don't think your opinions controversial at all as you make some sense in a weird ****** up way . We really must play COD together the moaning would be biblical :D

Sorry to all swear word got through the filter .

Me playing cod is literally a match full of ranting and raging about everything from guns to perks to kill streaks to lag to lag compensation.... Everything that kills me is clearly noob orientated or a fault and nothing at all due to my skills :D

But with Ghosts I'm gonna be going in knowing exactly what to expect so will just be having a blast with friends :)

Me playing cod is literally a match full of ranting and raging about everything from guns to perks to kill streaks to lag to lag compensation.... Everything that kills me is clearly noob orientated or a fault and nothing at all due to my skills :D

But with Ghosts I'm gonna be going in knowing exactly what to expect so will just be having a blast with friends :)

I've always found it a release and the cussing is endless and is great fun with mates . Proberly why I've never got to stressed playing it unlike others in my clan but they always have me in stitches . Play drunk I say .

Yeah I never rage with friends cus it's just fun. When I'm on my own things annoy me. But no more!!! I just can't wait for cod this year. :eek:

It's kind of strange that everything they said we would be able to do when it was announced is having to be added in with a patch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against updates, but for basic things like playing Blu-rays and DVDs seems like they've left things a tad late :)

Oh and face recognition and voice commands were a silly waste of time when it was an xbox thing, now the PS4 has them, they're a good thing. ;)

Not everyone was against face recog and voice.

And it's not late. Late is next year.

Oh and face recognition and voice commands were a silly waste of time when it was an xbox thing, now the PS4 has them, they're a good thing. ;)

face recognition & Voice commands was the only thing with Kinect that I ever thought was worth it, I know many others that felt the same way, it's a nice feature will be interesting to see how it goes on PS4.

Last edited:
I like voice and motion gestures for navigating the OS, after that I want a proper pad in my hands

You'll defo love playing with this proper pad

In the "no CD's" thread I moaned about (not) loading our own CDs onto the HDD for background music, I guess this confirms things, and why.
I wonder if you'll be able to load music from USB sticks? As while streaming is fine for listening to music, I doubt you'll be ale to listen to remote stored and steamed music in a game.

Listening to your own music while playing games is so Xbox One (errr... the Original Xbox)... it's a thing of the past! :laugh:

Listening to your own music while playing games is so Xbox One (errr... the Original Xbox)... it's a thing of the past! :laugh:
The only time I ever listened to my own music while gaming was while playing Red Dead Redemption. I just felt riding the horse and looking for trouble was enhanced by listening to such tracks as "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Blaze of Glory" (Bon Jovi) and "Ecstacy of Gold" (Metallica). The game just felt right while listening to those ;)

The only time I ever listened to my own music while gaming was while playing Red Dead Redemption. I just felt riding the horse and looking for trouble was enhanced by listening to such tracks as "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Blaze of Glory" (Bon Jovi) and "Ecstacy of Gold" (Metallica). The game just felt right while listening to those ;)

Wish I'd of thought of that - I didn't enjoy Red Dead........but I was listening to "I love a party.. by Russ Abott"

Wish I'd of thought of that - I didn't enjoy Red Dead........but I was listening to "I love a party.. by Russ Abott"

Quality. I feel cheated now. I could have been listening to the Barron Knights instead! :laugh:

Day 1 update ia already up on Sony NA servers apparently! Debug/tester units imminent I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom