• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dawn of War II Open Beta

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Not sure if there is really much interest on this title, but the Beta is open to the public, not sure for how long. You can download through steam.

I had a quick go and it seems a little bit more like Warcraft III.

It is interesting in that the units seem more powerful, but cost a lot more and there is no base building.

The graphics are really nice and the opening scene is well worth a look. Not sure the gameplay really matches the presentation values. I really liked the first one and played the first expansion a bit, from the few skirmish games I played not sure I could get hooked on this release.

Most probably need a few more goes to get the hang of it, but it seems like micro tastic gameplay, which I don't really like. Having click 50 times a second, is not that fun!

DancingJester

Interesting you say that you liked the first, but aren't sure about this one. I really liked the first one and have been looking forward to this.

I'll have to give it a go over the weekend. Cheers for sharing your thoughts. :smashin:

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
I had a bit more of a play today.

The singleplayer sounds pretty good from what I have heard, it is completely different to multiplayer, in that you have one squad and you build them up with wargear and the like. If that gets good reviews I might get it for that as I am bit of a Games Workshop sucker.

The multiplayer I definately won't buy it for. Just not my cup of tea. I actually enjoy base building, and although this removes the complaint about build queues making everything the same, it just doesn't feel right.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom