1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dawn of the mummy

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by hulkhead, Apr 14, 2003.

1. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    any good? I am looking for a horror film to buy and have noticed that this has just been released (uncut?). Also considering nightmare city (£6.99 play)....comments? Or do you have any better ideas? Must be uncut.....thanks

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Unless you are a die hard horror fan who must see everything, I would avoid these two like the plague.

Sure they're uncut, but the commit the worse sin possible of being just plain DULL.

If you have a spare tenner and want to see some quality horror, try "Lord Of Illusion" directors cut available on MGM/UA. A lot more rewarding than the two aforementioned titles.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Wait for Dawn of the Mummy to be reduced to a more realistic price like £6.99 (won't be long). There's some picture quality issues with it that Anchor Bay are choosing to just brush under the carpet and hope they'll go away. It is uncut though.

Nightmare City's a hoot. It's not exactly a "good" film, but if you want to see radioactive undead speeding their t*ts off and destroying anything in sight this one's for you. I love it but it's well down on the "quality entertainment" scale.
    Track down an R1 version of The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, House by the Cemetery or Burial Ground or a UK release of The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (£6.99 at Play) if you want some old school Zombie fun.
    Maybe an R1 (from Shriek Show) of something like Buio Omega or New York Ripper or Maniac if you want something different to the usual 80's blood'n'guts zombie fun.

Xusia, you're just an old stick in the mud:laugh:

4. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i`m still trying to find a r1 version of reanimator:rolleyes:

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    try www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk and search for re-animator

There's loads of places selling it. Go for the 2 disc Millenium Ed

6. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rambo john j i thank you.
    £19.99 for the 2 disc. does this seem reasonable?

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Re-Animator millenium 2 disc edition from www.play247.com and it only cost £17.99 and a quick delivery too, i love horror i also have The Beyond, Phenomena, Opera the limited edition 2 disc version and countless others i'm just waiting for a proper anamorphic version of The Thing and the re-released 5.1 sound version of The Howling, i also have anchor bays region 1 Version of Zombie ((Zombie Flesh Eaters )) nice its full 2.35 widescreen and 5.1 sound but terribly grainy picture