dawn of the dead.

K

krusty

which is the best dvd version[ and the longest] to get of this movie

The recent Divimax version for picture quality its only the theatrical cut, but if you can wait till September there will be a 3 disc version containing various different edits of the film including a gorier italian version.

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
The recent Divimax version for picture quality its only the theatrical cut, but if you can wait till September there will be a 3 disc version containing various different edits of the film including a gorier italian version.

In Italian?

Hello,

I have the dutch special edition that has two cuts of the film. One is the 140 minute G Romero Uncut version and the 122 minute Dario Argento cut. The 140 min version is in widescreen while the Argento cut is fullscreen. I have only watched the first 20 mins of the uncut version and have to say the picture quality is a little dissapointing to sat the least. Still must'nt grumble, classic film in it's proper cut.

Ajax.

The Divimax version has stunning picture quality. Also got DTS.

I love the film, but personally I thought that it dragged a bit towards the end, so I would think that an extra 20 minutes would only slow the pace down. I think that's why it was cut down to 120 minutes in the first place - to keep the action going at a reasonable pace.

There are some well funny moments showing the zombies biting the flesh off humans - but the best bit for me has to be when one of the guys pushes a screw driver into one of the zombies head. Superb !

I have both versions and go for the Theatrical cut every time!

i originaly saw dawn of the dead at the now long gone ABC cinema in middlesbrough in 1980, i also remember it was showing with this war drama movie...which was on after dawn of the dead. still think dawn is the ultimate zombie flick.

screw the old one where the zombies in the background had nothing but flour on there faces lol whens the new one out :)

What about the music?

Excellent soundtrack by Italian rock(?) group Goblin.

Highly recommended CD :smashin:

Has anyone got any more info on the 3 disc version out in Sept that FoxyMulder mentioned? Is this R1?

I am assuming this isn't the Anchor Bay R2 box due out in May. I was thinking about getting this rather than the Divimax, but will it be the same, new transfer of Dawn?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom