Dawn Of The Dead REMAKE

tha-dizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I havent seen the original (which is quite bad as im a big horror movie fan) but i do intend on buying it tomorrow if it is out.

But anyway i dont know how many of you have seen the trailer but i saw it previewed when i went to watch Torque (a good film aswell) and i have to say i think it looks excellent.

Has anyone seen the original and what do you think the remake will be like ?

DIZZLE

P.S. If you havent seen the trailer u can see it at www.apple.com/trailers

Read about the remake in Fangoria, the zombies will be much faster (( like 28 days )) it looks good.

I havent seen the original but from the trailer, the remake looks good, will go see it friday.

The original is my favorite traditional zombie movie, and is a must-see if you're a horror fan. I haven't seen the trailer for the remake, but I don't know if I like the new fast zombie trend. We shall see.

I'm a big fan of the original, and have also seen the trailer - it looks good to me - seems to have captured something good from the original, but i cant quite put my finger on what that is. I just hope the full thing is as good.

Yup, agree with everything said. dawn of the dead is my favourite zombie movie by a mile and in fact one of my favourite films ever full stop.

I don't even own a copy though, as I have been waiting patiently for the 3 disc release that anchor bay are putting out later this year.

The remake looks excellent, and the first 8 minutes was shown on us tv recently as a teaser. The video is doing the rounds on the net as well if you fancy a look. You'll find a link on imdb in amongst the reviews I believe.

Originally posted by ferris57

The remake looks excellent, and the first 8 minutes was shown on us tv recently as a teaser. The video is doing the rounds on the net as well if you fancy a look. You'll find a link on imdb in amongst the reviews I believe.

Yes the first 8 minutes does look quite good, thee are a load more clips also

I'm open-minded about this remake, as I always vastly preferred Day Of The Dead to the others in the trilogy.

I'm hearing good things about this, so it's a definite rental. :clap:

Tis a bit grim though "Day of the Dead" and has the old bit of artsy fartsy in it that romero should have left alone.

I love Dawn and I'm sorry to say I suspect the remake will be completely devoid of humour apart from Ving Rhaimes doing arnie style one liners .....again.

Well men ive got the original in ma house as we speak. unfortunatly i havent got time to watch it tonight but ill keep yopu all posted with my review of it.

DIZZLE

along with the zombies being faster are nt the bites from them instantly infecious ,so wont they need to change the story cos we see one of them slowly die and turn in the original

now that 28 days later has been released how many zombie films are we going to see with fast running zombies? I hope 28 days is the one thats remebered for it, I also have high hopes for this film as long as they dont try and be 'cool'.

they werent zombies in 28 days later,they were humans infected with rage.not dead iirc whereas a zombie dies first before going on a bloodthirsty rampage.

Dont be pedantic :)

I mean that there is going to be a slew of films with running zombies after 28

Great isn't it, that we're more worried about the technicalities of a Zombie's speed rather than the film?:D

lol, it was just an observation, but I am really looking forward to this film

tha-dizzle- So have you had a chance to watch it yet? let us know what you think :)

Originally posted by General Skanky
Great isn't it, that we're more worried about the technicalities of a Zombie's speed rather than the film?:D

It may seem a bit silly, but zombie speed has a huge effect on the film. Are they going for a twitch-fest shock fright flick, or are they going for a slow-moving creepy "terror of inevitability" flick. The slow determinedness (It's a word, I looked it up:) ) of the original Dawn zombies was what I liked most about it. They were easy to beat, stupid as heck, but just the sheer number of them meant that if you made one mistake, it could all be over.

I've just been and seen it, and REALLY enjoyed it. It is a different kind of scary to the original.

There's this one bit where all the survivors are running, then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, when you least expect it and just don't see it coming ha ha ha ha... just kidding.

I'm a big fan of the original and a big fan of this. Glad that there's a new zombie film been made.

Matthew

Well Overall I would have to agree and say I liked it. Yes it has a few similarites with the
original , well they are both in a mall but thats about it.
This film did brush over many of the sub plots that could have developed within in but seemed
to have chosen to ignore them in favour of keeping the pace up, big mistake I think.
The effects were good but again I would have loved a bit more gore, oh yes I do love my
ketchup.
CAn it hold itself up against the original , well frankly no, but then again it was never
going to but in its own right it is good
Would like to see where they or if they take it any further from here to a sequel

Tbh, I'm not concerned how it compares to the original film.

Why bother with that? The origianl is its own film.

This is a new film in its own right. I'll enjoy it if it's any good on its own merits.

Without having seen it, judging by the trailer only :), which is nice on WM9 btw, I'd say it looks better than the original.

Imho, the first film wasn't exactly well made, just a good, enjoyable horror romp. This version looks far more polished.

No flaming yet please, I'll let you know what I think when I go to see it.

As a side note, I haven't been to the cinema in years now. This is the first film to make me want to go.:)

well i saw it last night and being a big fan of zombie films and such enjoyed it .i think this one for me had a greater sense of impending doom,great to see tom savini in it .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom