Quantcast

Dawn of the Dead on TONIGHT

the_pauley

Banned
How cut was it?

The Sheriff

Caught this for the first time last night. I thought it quite good considering it was made in the 70's, looked a bit dated with the special effects etc but have to say i was plesently suprised. Just one thing, is this film actually classed as a horror as there wern't really any scary/make you jump moments and only the occasional spots of gore etc?

It was also in 4:3 even on sky digital, I take it this wasn't the original aspect ratio?

Nick

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I watched the first 30 minutes and all the bits that were previously cut by the BBFC were back in. Looked to me like they were using the UK DVD release (the last, uncut one), which is a cropped 4:3 rather than fullframe/open matte/whatever you want to call it.

To me, that says they aired it uncut as the old "bone of contention" bits were all present and correct

dsw182

Novice Member
Originally posted by Rambo John J
Looked to me like they were using the UK DVD release (the last, uncut one), which is a cropped 4:3 rather than fullframe/open matte/whatever you want to call it.
Not sure why it was released in that format - the US DVD is in 1.85:1 & with DTS.

PoochJD

Hi,

BBC2 showed the full, uncensored version this time around, including the scene of a zombie getting his head sliced off; all the gut and body-munching scenes, and the notorious zombie kids being shot. However, it was in a cropped 4:3 version, and the print quality was not too great.

Pooch

the_pauley

Banned
Given the aspect ratio, looks like they used the same source as the UK DVD release. Nice to see them show it uncut though - looks like all the letters of outrage last time they showed a very badly hacked version worked! :clap:

STOWITBELOW

Spurred on by seeing adverts for 'Shaun........' I later watched this zombie fest & quite enjoyed it. Not having seen it before I can't comment on how it was cut, but it was worth a watch a break from my busy schedule !