Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K UHD

Pre-ordered from Amazon on 27th January. Order still says “Delivery date pending” “We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date”

I’ve had this nonsense from them before.

All my other Amazon pre-orders have an “Arriving on X date”

I think second sight only got their stock a few days ago. Chances are they haven’t managed to ship them to amazon yet.

Guessing HMV is about to start sending out as my card has been charged.

Have next week off work so great timing to watch this.

Ah, finally!

Strange thing though, the audio on this doesn’t work through my C9 speakers if I have the Dolby Atmos feature on. I switch it off and it plays fine. I have a few other discs like that too but don’t know why it does this.
33A73CAB-C2CD-4EF1-AAA3-46E0B213143B.jpeg
BD15AAD8-6574-44E3-B3FE-4BAADC24687A.jpeg

Arrived today, direct from SS.

That's my weekend sorted.

Arrived today, direct from SS.

That's my weekend sorted.
Same here. Justice League tonight and then this tomorrow. Had a flick through it and it looks really nice. Weird how there is no HDR on the Argentine cut however.

Looks better with the red writing!
I might be selling this outer case in a few weeks if you’re interested? I’ve ordered a custom steelbook so when that arrives, if I like it, I’ll put the discs in there. This package is really nice and thick cardboard.

I might be selling this outer case in a few weeks if you’re interested? I’ve ordered a custom steelbook so when that arrives, if I like it, I’ll put the discs in there. This package is really nice and thick cardboard.
No ta. Got my standard set waiting for me to pick up.

C7EEE6C3-03C4-4C92-BA4D-6BD912CAD175.jpeg Shame it arrived with a dent in the corner. Only noticed after taking the wrapper off. My OCD says it has to go back 🤣 Amazon spot on with returns 👍🏻

As for the longest cut. There is a fanedit called "The Extended Mall Hours cut" which someone made of all the 3 different cuts in the "Ultimate Edition" Boxset.

It runs to 155 minutes. The "official" Cannes print runs to 139.
This fanedit was actually redone professionally by Austrian distributor XT Video and given an official (but limited) release as the ‘Complete Cut’. It is presented in 1080p, at a ratio of 1:85:1 and includes the full Goblin soundtrack.

Given that Second Sight had full access to the footage they could have done the same for the 4K release.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom