Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K UHD

Noahdavid1984

Can’t wait. Haven’t checked this thread in a few days and was just about to buy one of the limited edition box sets on eBay. Good job.
I ordered direct from second sight as I didn’t know there would be a release from Amazon etc but don’t mind paying for delivery at the price for what I’m getting.

now excuse my ignorance I’ve only ever seen this movie as a teen and the odd time on tv but what are the differences on the cuts? Is one regarded better than the other?

ssbib

Distinguished Member
I don’t think it’s actually gone live at amazon yet. When the listing went up it was listing it as OOS if I remember rightly.

Last edited:

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Amazon now have this up for pre-order.

Beware, though, as it's listed twice - one item with a price of £29.99 and the other at £32.68. Different ASIN numbers too. Nope, no idea... :rotfl:

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Amazon now have this up for pre-order.

Beware, though, as it's listed twice - one item with a price of £29.99 and the other at £32.68. Different ASIN numbers too. Nope, no idea... :rotfl:

The one at £29.99 is the blu-ray set, they've just mistakenly added 4K in the title.
The listing descriptions show which is which.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
The one at £29.99 is the blu-ray set, they've just mistakenly added 4K in the title.
The listing descriptions show which is which.
Yep. I thought it was worth making people aware that there were two items listed as "4K". Caveat emptor and all that.

But reading back my previous post I can now see I didn't bother to finish my last sentence before submitting it! :blush: It was meant to say something like "Nope, no idea why the 4K and BD versions are almost the same price..." as I assume they've messed up with prices, too, as the BD version seems a little overpriced compared to other sites. Perhaps just placeholder prices and they'll do their usual thing of price matching later.

Too busy making tea to do editorial checks! :rotfl:

Still need to justify £30 for the purchase mind you.

choirboy

Anyone using an LGC9 to watch this? I think I'm getting raised blacks in the content at the recommended (via a hdr test pattern) brightness of 50. If I turn it down to 49 it's ok and the blacks become inky again.

Anyone else having this with this uhd?

ssbib

Distinguished Member
What are the chances that Second Sight will ship early like they did with the special edition. I really hope so!

ssbib

Distinguished Member
no idea but I’ve never known anything ship anything but a few days before official release date
I seem to remember Second Sight shipped out their preorders of the collectors edition a week or so early, I might be wrong on the timing though.

rjw

How early did they ship the special edition?
Mine arrived on the Saturday before release, however I only ordered once other people started to recieve their copies. I think they started shipping a week early.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Mine arrived on the Saturday before release, however I only ordered once other people started to recieve their copies. I think they started shipping a week early.
I remember it being a week early or maybe even a bit more. Let’s hope thy do the same with the standard release. Thanks for that.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
That’s always a bonus.
It would be an extra nice bonus for me with this one as I’ve been itching to get this standard edition ever since the special edition was announced all that time ago.

rjw

I checked back, they started shipping 12 days early.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Niiice. Hopefully they’ll start shipping them out early.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Has anyone had their standard edition ship yet? Mine hasn’t.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021