Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K UHD

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Be warned they charge at preorder.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Saw the blu on the website, £24.99 but now seems to have dissapeared...

While it lasted though, it did at least confirm it was all four discs ie everything but the CD's.

And it's back, £29.99 for the UHD. Boom.

Last edited:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Yeah confirmed as 4 discs. That’s a steal at that price.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Pre-ordered! £3.20 for shipping on top but to be honest I thought this was going to be £40 anyway so I'm not bothered.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Pre-ordered! £3.20 for shipping on top but to be honest I thought this was going to be £40 anyway so I'm not bothered.
That’s weird as I got free shipping and I don’t know why. It did say free shipping over £50 but it only came to £30 so don’t know why that happened. I did have two in my basket at one point but removed one before checkout. Maybe it’s a glitch in the system?

823FD524-D826-4890-B6C5-FF5305AB3841.jpeg

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Ah well no worries. Id rather pay the postage knowing they will package well...

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Ah well no worries. Id rather pay the postage knowing they will package well...
That’s why I ordered from them as people rated the packaging. I spoke to them about it and they were aware of the glitch, that’s why the link went dead earlier.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Hopefully this will be available as a preorder with Amazon 🤞🏻

Other than if you have a gift certificate balance is there a reason to order from Amazon and not directly from Second Sight?

Genuine ignorant question so apologies if it comes across as off or judgemental! :rotfl:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Other than if you have a gift certificate balance is there a reason to order from Amazon and not directly from Second Sight?

Genuine ignorant question so apologies if it comes across as off or judgemental! :rotfl:
He might get free delivery from amazon whereas you need to spend £50 to get it from Second Sight.

On a side note Second Sight confirmed it should be available for preorder from Zavvi/Amazon etc from next week.

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
That’s not bad then just another 2 months to the standard edition release

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Is this likely to be a limited numbers release, i.e. if I wait too long then it'll be OOS and after that I'd be subject to paying inflated second-hand prices? However as the original "full fat" release still seems to be available then perhaps it's not something for me to fret about! :D

I'm still trying to justify whether I should be shelling out £30 for a "single film" (that's how it'll be interpreted in this household...). :rotfl:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Is this likely to be a limited numbers release, i.e. if I wait too long then it'll be OOS and after that I'd be subject to paying inflated second-hand prices? However as the original "full fat" release still seems to be available then perhaps it's not something for me to fret about! :D

I'm still trying to justify whether I should be shelling out £30 for a "single film" (that's how it'll be interpreted in this household...). :rotfl:
That’s a good question. No way to know either way though unfortunately as they haven’t said. I’ll ask on twitter and see if they get back to me.

andyc11

Pre-ordered the 4K, even though I got the box set last year. Just wish they’d do a steelbook of Dawn, need it to complete my collection.

image.jpg
[ATTACH

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Pre-ordered the 4K, even though I got the box set last year. Just wish they’d do a steelbook of Dawn, need it to complete my collection.

View attachment 1443676[ATTACH
I’ve got those exact same ones and I’m itching for a Dawn steelbook. I asked second sight directly if they had any plans and they said “non yet”

andyc11

I’ve got those exact same ones and I’m itching for a Dawn steelbook. I asked second sight directly if they had any plans and they said “non yet”

Seems really strange they’ve not done a steelbook for Dawn. And I guess after the recent Second Sight releases, can understand the “non yet” reply.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

StormAudio launches ISP Core 16 AV processor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar