Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

The Uzi 9mm

Standard Member
Confession time, I watched the 4K disc Thursday night and almost fell asleep! First time viewing here.... just could not work out what all the praise and fuss is about! I love classics! Physio is one of my fav 4K discs but this bored me. Ps I do enjoy the zombie flicks!
I'm with you on this one, i have the 2004 remake with Ving Rhames, imho its the more watchable and enjoyable version for me and i'm also a classic movie lover but just can't into the '78 version.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Watched the Cannes Cut last night, first time i have seen this cut and really enjoyed it, Looked superb, nice colours and detail in the image... Think the theatrical is the better cut as its tighter, but the Cannes one was very good.

Rido

If anything makes me buy a 4k disk spinner, it'll be this. Watched this so many times as a teenager. Haven't seen it in ages though and this might be the best way to see it with semi-fresh eyes.

TarPot

If anything makes me buy a 4k disk spinner, it'll be this. Watched this so many times as a teenager. Haven't seen it in ages though and this might be the best way to see it with semi-fresh eyes.

Do it.

bongo123

Prefer Snyders remake tbh, everyone keeps harping on about his social commentary and maybe back then watching it as adult at the time it resonated but watching it now its so bloody ham fisted and when he tried to repeat the process with Land of the Dead, it was bloody embarrassing.. as a kid i thought it was an incredible horror movie, as an adult i find its aged terribly, same with all Romero's flicks, i simply cant watch them anymore as everything about them is amateurish, whereas stick the opening scene from the Thing or Alien on and i'm glued to the telly

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
An excellent review thank you Simon, while I got the blu ray set the quality is pretty much excellent all around.

Over the years I have watched & enjoyed this series of films an uncountable number of times in many formats & each time I am reminded of my younger self and why he so enjoyed these films and I am again pleased to report nothing whatsoever has change for me as somehow I still feel like a naughty schoolboy watching something I really shouldn't, which of course is exactly and very excitedly just what I was doing.

Its good to report that I am not at all jaded when it comes to these movies in fact I think they are aging better than I am and I feel a little sorry for those that cannot place themselves back in the moments of when they first enjoyed these movies & by that I mean fun with a capital f*** F :D

20210407_150801.jpg

GrazzaB

The only thing that bothers me about the Snyder remake is the ending.

I really like both the endings of Zack Snyder’s remake - the sailing off one works well for me, and then even better is the much darker epilogue version that I guess a lot of people missed at the cinema!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom