Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DAVSC8 or HTP1900 or Pioneer 990?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nujjy, May 26, 2004.

1. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Everyone.
    I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. :)

Anyway, my main question is which Home Cinema to get. I have ordered the HTP 1900 + the RDR GX3 dvd recorder. I think all of above systems are great. But I am not sure if I have made the right choice. The speakers look a bit fat on the SC8...

The speakers must be floor standing and pretty easy to setup for a beginner. Any ideas on which system I should get? I can spend up ot about £500, because I am still going to byt the GX3 dvd recorder no matter what.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.
    Nujjy.

2. Tenaka

Tenaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 990 this morning and set it up. I must say its pretty fantastic, solid as hell and great sound, the floor standing speakers look really really nice.

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    990, definetly. also plays new sacd and dvd-a discs which you can buy from play.com .one listen to these new high bandwidth, ultra high quality discs in 5.1 will astound you. the davsc8 will play the sacds, but not the superior dvd-a discs.

in normal dvd and cd modes, the pioneer has a far more transparent, natural feel than any sony dav/htp series product. the speakers are in a different league. congrats on your purchase, tenaka. you'll be really pleased with it, and get ordering your sacds and dvd-a's! :)

4. scoooby

scoooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No prog scan though.. in which case it's rubbish if your looking for the best pq.