1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAVS800 - 45 degree striping

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wakelings, Nov 12, 2002.

1. wakelings

wakelings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony DAVS800 connected to my Sony KV32-FQ75. On DVD playback only, the screen is filled corner to corner with 45-degree “stripes”. (Note this is not the same problem as the scrolling bar defect experienced on some KV32 devices). The stripes appear to be moving, however I think this is a result of some form of refresh rather than actually moving image.
    The problem is particularly noticeable on darker scenes (e.g. Tim Finn Seven Worlds collide - live DVD). The stripes are apparent if the DVD is playing or paused.
    Is this related to my SCART cable, inputs, TV refresh rate, or is it a faulty DAVS800?
    Any advice appreciated!

2. DavidC

DavidC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you are seeing is hum due to a poor earth or dirty connection.

Try waggling the ends of the scart to see if this has any effect it is most likely that the lead has a dry joint or the earth is broken

Hope this helps

Dave C

3. wakelings

wakelings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks il try that tonight and let you know tommorow!

4. wakelings

wakelings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave C
    I tried as suggested however no change. I am using a decent SVIDEO to scart cable, that I bought around 1 year ago with the DAVS800.
    Is my next step to try a different cable, only problem is that these are around £25+,

thanks