1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAVS500 again

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by somebugger, Mar 18, 2002.

1. somebugger

somebugger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I recently posted the message below in the DVD talk forum....

-----------------------------------------------
    The Princess Bride - Duff copy ??
    Just bought the Princess Bride and although it plays OK there's a couple of moments in the film where it seems to skip, one is at 8 mins 51 secs when the scene cuts from the spaniard to the giant and there's a distinct "flash" almost like a extra frame but I can't pause on the "flash". It happens a few times around 35 mins when the scene jumps between Buttercup & Westley. Any ideas ? Or is the Alzheimers kicking in again !
    -----------------------------------------------

I've just noticed the same thing with a freshly opened copy of A Knights Tale, there's a momentary red flash during the scene where Ulrich deliberately loses the Joust and another in the opening credits. It happens at the same point on the disk but doesn't appear to be on the film, i.e. I can't freeze it at this point, disk plays OK on a Lecson 900. Any ideas anybody ???

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I watched 'A Knight's Tale last night' (R2) and I don't recall any problems with it. If you want to give me a scene number or a time I'll take a look for it later on and let you know.

Mark

3. somebugger

somebugger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark,

It's at 1h 18m 11s, just as the scene cuts from knight to Jocelyn.

Cheers