1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAVS 880 Problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Tigerblade, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Tigerblade

Tigerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Had my DAVS 880 for over 2 years now and for the last few months after about an hour or so of watching a DVD the picture artifacts and the sound stutters.

I know this is a heat issue as I had it stuffed in the cabinet of my old 28" Philips WS tv which had **** poor ventilation....my bad.

The thing is, I can sit and watch tv, play games etc using the surround sound without a problem, it's just when I watch a DVD, so am I right in assuming that its something to do with the laser?

If anyone else has had similar probs, was it easy to get fixed or is it one of these things that Sony is an ass about.....as I've tried taking it to a repair place (not Sony) and the guy 'can't fix it'

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tigerblade

Tigerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Gonna get it replaced thru contents as a few engineers say they cannot repair it. What would be the equivelent Sony theatre kit now, with the same features, e.g component video connections.

I've seen the DAVSC8 is advertised as having component out, but on Sony's site it says it doesn't? Does it or doesn't it lol

3. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    currently, the closest model would be the DAVDZ500F, but theres more new models due in the next 3 months that are higher spec. You could also try the old DAV-SR4F which you should find cheap now.