1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davs 550 with DTS

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by DDDavo, Jul 24, 2004.

1. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Got A Sony Dav S550 and bougth School Of Rock the other day. Had it set to Auto decode and was playing in dolby digital however when the film ended it said it supported DTS, however i cannot seem to get my s550 to play in DTS mode. I had a look at DVD setup but all that tells me is it plays in dolby digital 2.1 or i think it said 3.1 at some point in the film and even pressing the audio button, it just swaps from different languages.

Can any one help?

Thanks

2. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :confused:

If you're writing of the end-of-film credits, then surely that is a record of the possible soundtrack format for the cinema release?

Unless the menus and case inlay (though the latter has provided incorrect information, from time to time) state that DTS is an option, DD is what's available.

If it helps, I've just searched a couple of on-line retailers and found no sign of a DTS soundtrack on either Region 1 or 2 releases of this film.

Hope that helps. :)

3. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great thanks, thought it odd, as on the inlay it says Dolby dig, but not dts.

Thats great thanks! Aslong as its not my player!

Cheers