DAVS 550 and Microphone

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GeordieKeith, Sep 12, 2003.

1. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bitten by the bug of karaoke and have having two nices who love it I am thinking about purchasing some karaoke DVD's. I dont believe the DAVS 550 has a microphone in but I have read some where I may be able to use a microphose mixer with a DVD player.

I am asuming this is if you have a seperate amp and dvd player but I am hoping there will be some way of doing this. If anyone has any experience of advice on this setup I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    To do this you would need a mixer that can accept the DVD audio at line level & the mic at Mic level, therefore not just a basic mic mixer.
    Also you would need to be able to get the line level output from the DVD player into the mixer and then the output from the mixer fed back into the DAVS 550 ie the DAVS accepting an external audio source while playing the video from the DVD. Easy on a sepparates system, but I do not know about the DAVS. And can you get a line level output from the DVD?
    Maybe someone who knows the unit will be able to advise more, but I think it is unlikely to be possible unless a karaoke option is included in the DAVS.

Mark.

3. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Mark.