DAVS-500 owners

M

ma6235

What speaker stands do you use ?

Sony tell me they don't make them for the DAVS-500 but I'm sure that the DAVS-300 I looked at had stands that screwed to the base of the speakers. The speakers from both units look very similar !

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Have you looked at the Sony Pascal speaker stands? That is what is used for the DAVS 300 speakers in the Sony brochure. If the speakers for the 500 are similar, maybe they will do the job. They look neat, but are about £70 a pair.
I'm still saving!

I am in a similar situation I am purchasing a Panasonic SCHT70 system And the stands in the brochure are "no longer available" They were to cost £50 a pair but I strongly recommend you buy the Alphason RS10 stands, they have universal brackets which I am sure will fit your speakers, they are height adjustable, available in silver or black and are only £30 a pair from many outlets (I'm getting mine from a John Lewis branch but I have also seen them in Currys.See them at this site
http://www.alphasondesigns.com/products/rearspeak/rs10s/rs10shtm

sorry you will have to go to the above site, click on product info and go to rear speakers and select RS10. I hope I have bee some help.

blackbull,

Thanks for the info re the Alphason stands.
I'll be having a look at them today. £30 sounds a helluva lot better than £70 for the Sonys.

I pooped into my local Sony centre and bought the speaker set for those roundish shaped pascal speakers, there are a couple of brackets supplied with the kit, and you need to figure out which one to use. It involves pulling one braket aprt and then running your speaker wires through it, so u will end up with about 2 l-shaped brakets per stand as spare. Its not in the handbook and took me a while to figure it out!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom