1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davis DLX10 Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by premo, Sep 21, 2003.

1. premo

premo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I have just aquired a Davis DLX10 projector. Unfortunatly it came without a user manual. Can anyone out there either supply me with a copy of one or advise me where I can get one.

Also any Info you have would be appretiated.

Regards.:confused:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    If you don't have any luck here, try www.avsforum.com. It's a US forum and I know people over there had them.

What are you using as a player? I had a Davis DLS8 and that needed an HTPC or external scaler to give a good picture (I used HTPC), so the chances are the DLX10 will be the same.

Here's a link for some basic info:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Davis-DLX10.htm

I think someone on this forum is using a Skyworth or similar dvd player with vga output into their DL450, and is getting good results. Might be worth looking into when you're more familiar with the projector.

Here's another link:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze29dtq/davis/

A link to an avs search I did for you:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/sear...=3981588&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Happy reading. :)

HTH

Gary

3. premo

premo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary !

After spending two weeks searching the Internet, you have provided some good Info.

One question, Is it possible to Invert the Image so that I can turn the projector upside down for ceiling mounting? any Idea How?

Thanks Again.....

Regards

Anton:clap:

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    I'm guessing that there's a menu option which should allow mirroring and inverting - can you get a screen shot of the menus as a means to remind me what they look like?

Does it have a small remote with it? That's how you get to most of the functions IIRC.

Gary.

5. premo

premo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Gary,

I have found the manual on the Kodak web site. And your right I need the remote. I did not get one but am lookking around to find one. (I think Ill give Kodak a call today). Or I might Get a Philips Pronto as i have found download files for the DLX10.

Many thanks for your help!

Regards

Anton

6. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    Your welcome - let us know how you get on OK? :)

If the image is anything like my davis, then you should be very happy. What are you using as a DVD player?

Gary.

7. premo

premo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I am using a Philips DVDR880 as my player. I also Have a Limit DVDA900 but cant get the svideo to work.....

I contacted Kodak about a Remote they can sell me one for 185 euros, thats about £150 what a joke!

I have ordered a Philips Pronto and downloaded files for the DLX10. at least I can use the remote to replace all my others.

Have you got any links were I can get a EVC lead or adapter at a reasnable price. Then I can hook up my PC and play Flight Sim 2002.....

Regards.

Anton

8. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
  9. premo

premo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !

Just placed an order for the EVC to VGA adapter. from the link you supplied. £33.00 + postage +vat.

Now working on a celling mount. Been to your web site, your 2nd version looks good.

Thanks for all your help.

Anton.

10. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    I used a pc to play dvds into the Davis - you may find that you get better results image wise using something like PowerDVD XP or version 5. Run the pc at 72hz for NTSC stuff, and 75 for PAL, and see what it's like in its native resoltion (xga?).

I'm not sure how well it works with a pc, but my DLS8 was many times better than using a standalone player. The pc gives a progressive output via vga, and you end up with no scan lines, which can be quite visible via an interlaced input.

Gary.

11. gazzzzaau

gazzzzaau

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys i hope someone can help me I am at my wits end with this ....I am looking for service manual for my davis projector DLX10 .
    or im looking for the power supply board for the
    same projector new or second hand... mine has blown the prossesor on the powersupply board ...
    can you point me in the right direction for eather parts or service manual
    thanks very much

Gary
    gazzzza@westnet.com.au

12. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    What's your budget? You can get projectors for under £500 that would be an improvement over the Davis, but if you need to get it fixed and have no luck here, you can see what turns up on eBay.

Gary