1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAVIS DL450 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Luther, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Luther

Luther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am new to this forum and wonder if any one can help
    I have a davis 450projector and a sony dvd player i am wondering what is the best way to connect to get the best picture.The projector has a VGA input, the dvd has s video, and RGB. Is there an adapter to convert s video or RGB to VGA.
    Also my projector has developed a bright spot in the centre of the screen especially when showing bright white like a sky shows up as a bright area. Is this a bulb problem or dust
    Any way hope I made sense

Carl

2. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best way to use a DL450 is with a Home theatre PC either as your dvd player or running as a scaler using the free DScaler software and a good video card (see Jeffy's posts in the HCPC forum).

If you can't be bothered with that try and get a progressive dvd player like the cheap skyworth. The DL450 is a wonderful projector if used properly (check out avsforum.com for more detailed modifications and reccomendations)