Davis and scart RGB input via vga socket

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using the rgb from scart into the rgb in the vga in of an older projector?

I'm wondering how my old Davis DLS8 would look with something like the Limit 9900SE in either in either interlaced or progresive mode.

My HT1000 has such an adapter from scart to vga, so was thinking of using it to see what kind of picture I would get, but I don't want to try it unless I know it won't damage it.

TIA

Gary.

Hey Gary,

Don't have an answer for you, just wondering how you're getting on with the HT1000?

Edit: On second thoughts I do have an answer...I *think* you'd be ok to try it, can't see any reasons why the converter could damage the Davis (but don't quote me on that ;) ).

The RGB in a VGA connector is RGB + Hsync + Vsync I think.

The RGB in a SCART is RGB + composite sync.

I can't remember whether the VGA pinout contains a pin for composite sync or not.

Bottom line. It may not work. I wouldn't connect it without a pinout of the VGA socket and a good idea of what you are doing.

J

Thanks for the reply guys - I'm not going to try it unless I'm happy that it's OK to do so.

The HT1000 has an adapter which I've used for connecting the scart from various dvd players to it, so was wondering if it was just a case of connecting it to the vga of the Davis - the only difference being that with the HT1000, there's an option in the menu to tell it that it's getting a scart or component rgb input.

I'll have to find the differences between the two and the vga input such as any voltages that may make a difference.

Would like to know if anybody has actualy done it though..

Cheers.

Gary.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom