1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Sanborn DVD-A Compatability

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Infrared, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Infrared

Infrared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Just had David Sanborn Time Again delivered, on DVD-A, decided to go for that over the SACD version because of supposed quality benefits. Problem is I'm not getting any audio from the DVD-A, the only way I can get sound is by switching to the DVD-Video version.

Any ideas what could be going on? I'm trying the disk on a Pioneer DV565, don't have any problems playing other DVD-A disks.

Thanks for any help.

Gavin

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you got the 6 ch outputs connected (Analogue phono connections) as this is the only output that carries it.
    The question I have is on the back of the case of the DVDA is there a list of the quality of the sound modes. If so what spec is the DVDA layer?

3. Infrared

Infrared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

6ch are all connected, as for DVDA spec, 96mhz/24bit, same as the Faith Hill DVDA which plays without any problems, I guess my next course of action should be to find a second DVDA player and see if that works or not!