David gemmell books/related collectables

There is a very nice king on eBay, £200. Not mine for reference.

Like you all, I still look, but there are few I need and they are all bloody expensive.

Waylander is my worst book, ex library, rolled spine, very brown pages etc, so would have loved to find the one above!

Yeah Waylander is ridiculously rare. I had to pay a painful £325 for mine a few years back (It is a 'like new' copy though so fair enough).
A very lucky find for chap on Facebook. He had no idea as to its value though!
King Beyond the Gate seems to come up much more than Legend and Waylander and possibly even Wolf, Ghost and Last Sword. Possibly it had a bigger print run after the success of the original paperback Legend (despite the armoured hamster).

I know I said that my collecting days are over (sold my samplers and some other nice things along with my paperback set etc) but saw the hardback graphic novel come up on eBay.

Stuck in a cheeky £50 offer and they returned with a counter offer of £75 which I accepted. It’s not mint but i have never seen one up for sale and had to have it :) perhaps paid over the odds but I don’t care :D

I know I said that my collecting days are over (sold my samplers and some other nice things along with my paperback set etc) but saw the hardback graphic novel come up on eBay.

Stuck in a cheeky £50 offer and they returned with a counter offer of £75 which I accepted. It’s not mint but i have never seen one up for sale and had to have it :) perhaps paid over the odds but I don’t care :D

No, that's a great price for it. Would be well over £100 normally, and usually only sold in the US where I gather they originated. Well spotted!

Arrived today and very happy :)

Attachments

• 43014609-2CB7-4DD4-8F1F-E0D6658CECD7.jpeg
    43014609-2CB7-4DD4-8F1F-E0D6658CECD7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 105
Nice! I have never seen one up for sale.. on the other hand I have never really been looking out for one. Would go very nicely next to the Winter Warriors sampler!

Bit of extra info I have learnt on Caswallon. There are TWO versions, one where the typewriter used looks the same format as that which he used in about '67-'68 with a couple of other very short stories, while the second is the one sent to publishers in '72, more professionally done and a few changes visible on the first page making it read better. Caswallon had just returned from the states..the first version is likely his first novel...andhe may have used a different title when he submitted the first and second versions.... is then Caswallon actually the infamous Man From Miami?!

Last edited:
Hi Andy - Fantastic. How do you know all this.
A chap joined the Facebook Gemmell fans page and posted about a couple of unpublished manuscripts he acquired off a family member soon after DG passed away. I've had a chat with him which is where I learnt he picked up two copies of Caswallon. He sent me a picture of the first page of both and I came to my tentative conclusion that he might have The Man From Miami on his hands. The Fans site is worth a watch despite the endless 'who would best play Druss in a film posts'. A few interesting tidbits have appeared over the years.

Another reason to stick around in the Facebook fans group. This guy’s work is incredible, just as I imagine Legend era Druss to be (please don’t tell me the inaccuracies 😅). He is taking orders btw 😂

Attachments

• 57346E18-4D3C-453E-97D1-AA5546829466.png
    57346E18-4D3C-453E-97D1-AA5546829466.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
Another reason to stick around in the Facebook fans group. This guy’s work is incredible, just as I imagine Legend era Druss to be (please don’t tell me the inaccuracies 😅). He is taking orders btw 😂
I does look very much like the Druss in my mind's eye; the guy clearly has talent. On the negative side, the situation is on the verge of getting out of hand. It began with him making it just for himself, but he now appears to be merrily taking lots of orders for profit. You may have to step in if he continues to advertise and sell his models of DG's work, however good they are.

How can I get one of these lads. I don't do the old Facebook or twitter stufff.

This is as good as it gets for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom