David gemmell books/related collectables

Nah I wouldn't say any of his books are hard to follow, his style of writing is straight forward and concise in my eyes but at the same time story telling at its best

Hello everyone, hope you had a good Christmas. Just wondered if there was any interest in my signed HB Morningstar. If you need more photos let me know :)

As you can see, the dust jacket is mint, some rubbing to the cloth on edges (not seen when on shelf) and some weird water marking on the signature page but cannot be seen on the page edges. No spine lean. A real gem. Looking for around £250 after fees and postage.

Hope you all are doing great and here is to a better new year!! :)

DG1.jpgDG2.jpgDG3.jpgDG4.jpgDG5.jpgDG6.jpg

That’s a nice looking hc. I’m still waiting for a decent hc of Last Sword and. Non ex-library of waylander, but have moved on to sourcing others right now ... for instance have first edition hcs of Eddings Belgariad 2-5 just missing Pawn of Prophecy.. and am into building my first Ed Donaldson collection right now... but I will not be beaten haha

Hello everyone, hope you had a good Christmas. Just wondered if there was any interest in my signed HB Morningstar. If you need more photos let me know :)

As you can see, the dust jacket is mint, some rubbing to the cloth on edges (not seen when on shelf) and some weird water marking on the signature page but cannot be seen on the page edges. No spine lean. A real gem. Looking for around £250 after fees and postage.

View attachment 1429523View attachment 1429524View attachment 1429525View attachment 1429526View attachment 1429527View attachment 1429528
That's a very nice copy for a decent price. Was very tempted to say yes as my copy is unsigned (though still v smart). I'm going to resist though, as I haven't any signed books from Legend through to Hawk Eternal and I don't want to risk triggering my collectors instinct by getting one, I know my self too well. Besides, I have just spent silly money on a very rare Collector's Edition of Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (book #22). Yes, l also have found a new obsession!
Thanks for the offer anyway Jimbo!

My mate Lukas has just worked on the Swedish edition of Lonewolf for the last five or six years, he’s done hundreds of paintings for the editions - check out Lukas Thelin on Google

My mate Lukas has just worked on the Swedish edition of Lonewolf for the last five or six years, he’s done hundreds of paintings for the editions - check out Lukas Thelin on Google
Ha ha, I somehow knew you would have a connection Steven! Lukas' art for Lone Wolf is fantastic and beats most of the other front cover editions (and there have been a lot over the years: Lone Wolf unique cover differences | Project Aon Forum). For me personally he is just edged out by Alberto Dal Lago's beautiful use of light, but Lukas' bold use of colour is very pleasing and eye catching. It is a slight shame that the Swedish editions have the book title in an odd position that detracts a little from his excellent art, but perhaps that is more common with books published in Sweden?
The Lone Wolf books have reached a very exciting stage where finally the planned 32 books are near completion, with only book 32 to be written (#31 has just been published this Christmas) and books 27 and 28 to come out in collector's editions. The collector in me couldn't be happier!

Haha yeah, I worked with Lukas on a computer game, and he did some art for my kids book Moonlands... he’s such a talented guy. He’s part of an art book called The Dark North which is full of gorgeous art.

I know he hosted Joe in Sweden a few times over the years before he died. There are so many gorgeous pieces of art on these books across territories. And I complete get the collecting bug. Ahem.

Where is #27 and 28 :D

Well spotted! They are yet to be published, with #27 apparently coming this spring. The original paperbacks were published back in the mid '90s with ridiculously low print numbers by then (playstation had ruined the gamebook phenomenon at that point). 27 and 28 were the last two published and obviously sell for crazy money (HB Legend/Waylander kind of prices). Thankfully the nicer collector's editions RRP will be £17 each, so I will go for those. Some of the earlier collectors books go for even more silly prices, #14-17 went for £2000 on eBay recently!

Hi, I have been a DG fan for a long time but unfortunately due to space restriction I have to get rid of my DG collection. Drenai Tales SC is signed, Stormrider HC is signed and Echoes of the Great Song HC is signed with a dedication. 2 of the books are ex-lib but if anyone is interested in any of them I will send them a full set of photos of the book so they can check them out before buying. If anyone is interested in the whole collection then I would let them go for a really good price. I have attached some photos. Apologies for the quality of the photos. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8429.jpg
    IMG_8429.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8428.jpg
    IMG_8428.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8427.jpg
    IMG_8427.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8426.jpg
    IMG_8426.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8424a.jpg
    IMG_8424a.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 105
Hi Uglydog and welcome. Don't sell anything you might regret later!
As for us on this forum, we are mostly there with our collections (bar some mega rare stuff), so you may be better off trying on the DG fans Facebook site. There are a lot more fans there who don't even have the complete collection in paperback, and will snap up what you are selling.

If you do want to sell anything please set up an advert in the Miscellaneous classifieds and then link to it in here, to keep everything above board, thanks.

Hi, Thanks for your reply and advice AndyRC. I am an old codger and don't have a facebook account but I am sure my three daughters have so I will speak nicely to them. Take care and stay safe. Cheers.

Hi, Thanks for your reply and advice AndyRC. I am an old codger and don't have a facebook account but I am sure my three daughters have so I will speak nicely to them. Take care and stay safe. Cheers.
Hi Dog, I’m a collector of David’s work, trying to fill holes in my early collection. I’d be very interested in what you are looking to sell.

Hi Trevor, went to Bargain Adverts as advised by moderator but unfortunately the Post new advert button is missing from my details. When I clicked on the find out why button it come up with Oops there is a problem. So I have a detailed list for about 26 books and some general info for about another 28 books made up for when I can post an advert. If the moderator is watching hopefully they can advise me how to place the advert.
A question to the DG fans which should be an easy one. How can you tell when you have a first edition or a print from a first run? I have several books which only have the one print date and one publisher mentioned. I don't want to get my hopes up that I may have a rare book. Cheers.

Hi Trevor, went to Bargain Adverts as advised by moderator but unfortunately the Post new advert button is missing from my details. When I clicked on the find out why button it come up with Oops there is a problem. So I have a detailed list for about 26 books and some general info for about another 28 books made up for when I can post an advert. If the moderator is watching hopefully they can advise me how to place the advert.
A question to the DG fans which should be an easy one. How can you tell when you have a first edition or a print from a first run? I have several books which only have the one print date and one publisher mentioned. I don't want to get my hopes up that I may have a rare book. Cheers.
Hi Dog.
your early books look like first editions. However being paperback not hugely valuable in comparison to the hard backs. Your have several I’d be interested in.

View attachment 1429523View attachment 1429524View attachment 1429525View attachment 1429526View attachment 1429527View attachment 1429528
Hi Jimbo. Did you manage to sell this book? Also any other older works in decent condition HB you may have to offer I maybe interested in. Thanks

Hi, it was miscellaneous classified you should go to ie here: Miscellaneous Classifieds
You should see:
1621256438733.png

Could you post a screenshot of what you do see?

Hi, Well after about 6 attempts I finally managed to get my advert set up. Things like this make me feel so dumb. Anyone interested please do not be put off by price as I have to put a price per book in to get my advert uploaded - it is completely negotiable. Moderator, if I have stepped over the line anywhere let me know and I will rectify it.
Oversized paperbacks - are these collectable? Some of the art work is fantastic especially Last Sword of Power,Quest for Lost Heroes,Wolf in Shadow,Ghost King and the Last Guardian.

Hi, Well after about 6 attempts I finally managed to get my advert set up. Things like this make me feel so dumb. Anyone interested please do not be put off by price as I have to put a price per book in to get my advert uploaded - it is completely negotiable. Moderator, if I have stepped over the line anywhere let me know and I will rectify it.
Oversized paperbacks - are these collectable? Some of the art work is fantastic especially Last Sword of Power,Quest for Lost Heroes,Wolf in Shadow,Ghost King and the Last Guardian.
Hi Dog. These are the books id be interested in, and values based on several recent sold prices on eBay for that book and cover type. Assuming your copies are good condition.
Ive born in mind Ebay fees and PP fees to the seller on-top. underlined are those im most interested in, however I have offered a figure for all these at the bottom.

Hard covers
Dark Moon HC 9780593 037096 £10
The Hawk Eternal HC 9780099 355113 £8
Iron Hand's Daughter HC 9780099 354918 £8
Lion of Macedon HC 9780712 634779 £13
Dark Prince HC 9780712 634878 £13
Waylander II HC 9780712 648295 £20
Legend of Deathwalker HC 9780593 037058 £10
Quest for Lost Heroes HC 9780712 625128 £12 this looks smaller than the others is it a book club edition?
Knights of Dark Renown HC 9780712 625425 £12 this looks smaller than the others is it a book club edition?

Stones of Power HC 9780712 654418 £20
Drenai Tales SC 9780712 646291 (signed - no dedication) £20
whiteface copy of Legend SC (Century 1984) 0 7126 0387 5 £20

Oversized paperbacks
Ghost King SC 9780712 622998 £13
Last Sword of Power SC 9780712 623223 £13

Total £175 for all inc postage

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom