David gemmell books/related collectables

Theydon Bois

Very nice, but I am happy with mine.
Recently bought a signed Sword in the Storm and Midnight Falcon which I have been searching for, for ages (a nice copy at a sensible price). He definitely signed a lot less of those two compared to other books released by Bantam press.
Yeah I would have bought it but mine is a lovely copy I picked up from Australia.

StevenSavile

I’ve got a nice copy of Ghost King hc going if anyone feels the need? I can post photos, obviously. It’s ex lib, but is in very good nick for that... and I’m going to put a hc legend up on eBay for a quid, no reserve, later this week... GK will go the same way if no one here wants it.

AndyRC

I’ve got a nice copy of Ghost King hc going if anyone feels the need? I can post photos, obviously. It’s ex lib, but is in very good nick for that... and I’m going to put a hc legend up on eBay for a quid, no reserve, later this week... GK will go the same way if no one here wants it.
Not for me thanks Steven. I am lucky enough to have a pretty snazzy copy.
When you put on Legend, see if you can set the auction to end Friday/Saturday evening, when people are off work and may have had a bit to drink... more likely to go the extra mile heh heh. Has worked for me in the past.

Theydon Bois

I would be interested mate. Mine is ex lib but has some lean etc.

Theydon Bois

D3140AB4-8098-4606-AAFC-32CCAC476744.jpeg
796CD4CF-8C43-4350-B55A-EE2C1F23ECE4.jpeg
14DBCFD6-5FC7-45BD-87AD-C4C174C0EB57.jpeg
I’ll put up some photos tonight. It’s a nice ex lib if that makes sense?
This is my copy,an ex library version, but spine lean, brown pages, torn and creased dust jacket.

Theydon Bois

Pics!

jimbo1708

Oh really! I don’t follow the searches as much as I used to now I have them all in HB (my LSOP and KBTG arent great though... but I’m poor now)

StevenSavile

Yep this was the book I was obsessed with getting. It’s my favourite DG, and I looked and looked at it trying to convince myself that sunfaded spins wasn’t a deal breaker. But didn’t bite. And now, over two years, or more, I keep seeing it pop up though it’s a good 150 quid cheaper than it was.

My Last Sword is pretty poor, but my King is nice.

AndyRC

Waylander HC appears so rarely, somehow less often than Legend and KBtG. A near fine specimen must have appeared once or twice since I started looking way back. Rather glad I nabbed one when the chance came. I agree this one with its spine fade would sit on your shelf and not be quite good enough. You would still have to keep looking out for a better one. What a book snob I have become ha ha.

jimbo1708

Come on then, whoever you are own up :D who else was it who spotted the LSOP listing on eBay?

Not listed as HC and photo taken at an obscure angle so I thought I might get away with a cheeky £30 bid haha

AndyRC

Come on then, whoever you are own up :D who else was it who spotted the LSOP listing on eBay?

Not listed as HC and photo taken at an obscure angle so I thought I might get away with a cheeky £30 bid haha
It is a bizarrely low-key listing for something like that. Definitely going to watch it, though I suspect the bids will go up. Good spot!

StevenSavile

Haha so you are my competition... I’ve set a high bid that’s the top whack I’m willing to pay... anyone going home with it is certainly paying market value... not a cheeky 30 quid that’s for sure ;)

Theydon Bois

Ex-Library?
Check Binding as well. Should be black with Silver lettering on the spine.

AndyRC

Don't worry Steven, I wasn't going full guns for this one as I already have a decent copy. I just wasn't going to let it go for a pittance. Best of luck with it!

Theydon Bois

Cheers. My copy is ratty as fudge... so even if thi is a bit crap it’s an improvement haha
Good luck! It looks like the copy I have, mine is not ex library, slight lean, no real damage to the jacket, just quite yellowed. I won’t be bidding.

StevenSavile

Really sad to hear today that the Gemmell Awards, which have done a lot to keep David’s name in circulation, have closed down after ten years.

jimbo1708

Haha so you are my competition... I’ve set a high bid that’s the top whack I’m willing to pay... anyone going home with it is certainly paying market value... not a cheeky 30 quid that’s for sure ;)
No hard feelings Steven. Since it’s between us, I won’t advertise in the Facebook group in case you can get it a bit cheaper. My copy is ex-library but reasonable but a better condition DJ is always welcome

As for the Gemmell awards, yes sad to see it go but better to go like this than plod on with less man-power and the inevitable deterioration in quality and professionalism.

StevenSavile

hah cheers man, yeah, don't let the evils get at it ;) Still, lots of people watching so I expect it to push up to my top whack on deadline...

I think... it's only really Stan and Anne now and it's just too much work. They were trying to get help but couldn't, which is really disappointing.

AndyRC

That is a great shame about the Gemmell awards. It clearly would have been a lot of work to organise and is understandable if no one new was stepping up to the plate.

I am tempted to add two quid onto the current LSOP high bid before running away cackling.

AndyRC

It is weird, but it always seems to be March when Ghost King and LSOP HPS turn up on eBay. Spring cleaning perhaps...

jimbo1708

Well that LSOP shot up from £31 haha. I requested some photos and it did look nice. Was tempted to put maybe £120 down but I’m out of funds for more than that haha