David Cronenberg's - A Dangerous Method (2011)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A look at Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender as influential psychology thinkers Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung in "A Dangerous Method."

dangerous-method.jpg

Based on Christopher Hampton's acclaimed 2002 play "The Talking Cure," the film will center on the relationship between Jung and Russian-Jewish patient Sabina Spielrein (Keira Knightley), who ultimately causes a rift between Jung and mentor Freud but also catalyses strong findings in regards to Jungian psychoanalysis.

Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Vincent Cassell, Sarah Gadon, Keira Knightley, Katharina Palm

PHkSWmkknlwmns_1_m.jpg

PHvBfxvv6WXDzy_1_m.jpg

Apparently Mortensen replaced Christoph Waltz for this role. I'm a bit behind the times, but obviously Viggo had a rethink or his retirement plans?? Interesting to see Vincent Cassel featuring in this too. Not sure the film sounds up my street though.

So not much CGI in this one then? It's funny because I was just thinking the other day that there arn't enough films about analytical psychology :D

Joking aside I do like Cronenberg and his last two with Mortensen were great, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

I agree .. Cronenberg seems to get much more range from Viggo than other directors.. He does seem a very passionate actor but it needs to be controlled and directed carefully; Hillcoat being the last one to fail to balance his performance with the films needs..

Trailer

Viewer Discretion is Advised
The video page contains mature subject matter and is suitable for adults only.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7JKmcLTsI"]A Dangerous Method (2011) Official Trailer - Keira Knightley & Michael Fassbender - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Keira Knightly is so annoying.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom