Dave's Key, where is it??

Always-hungry

Gents,

Can you help me with You got shoot them in the head quest, I need dave's key but I may have killed him and now started this quest and the ghoules are asking for his key. Been back to Dave's republic and no sign of him and checked everyone in the village and no key. Any ideas please ??

Buckster666

Talk to him, and tell him you have been sent to kill him. Ypu can then do a speech challegne to convince him to give you his key without having to kill him.

kav

Distinguished Member
Strane, even if you kill him, it should still be on his body. Certain weapons reduce bodies to a pile of ash/goo - if you killed Dave like this then you might find it difficult to see the pile of ash amongst the undergrowth, but it should be there somewhere.

Always-hungry

Game states he's dead but he still has the key as the game offers the quest so I must have Killed him ages ago, no save going back that far, did not check his body for some reason, don't remember killing him though where the hell is the key now, please guys, dig deep for this, rewards offered :eek:

kav

Distinguished Member
Game states he's dead but he still has the key as the game offers the quest so I must have Killed him ages ago, no save going back that far, did not check his body for some reason, don't remember killing him though where the hell is the key now, please guys, dig deep for this, rewards offered :eek:
I'm pretty sure the only place you'll find him is in The Republic of Dave or the surrounding area, unless something really bizarre has happened in your game. Here's the wikia page about Dave. That site is a fantastic source of information.

smallclanger

I think the key is on his body so you need to find that. He didnt leave republic of Dave in my game, well I didnt give him much choice.

smallclanger

Just a thought are there any quest markers on the map for this quest, have you checked them all out? There may be one pin pointing the key?

Always-hungry

There is a quest marker but looked long and hard and found nothing in the area of the arrow, it's driving me bannana's now, ggggrrrrrrrrr

Le RipPeR

Novice Member
If you've killed him, and it was within the Republic of Dave, then his body should still be there.

Do you not remember where you killed him??

His body wont dissapear so if you've killed him in the Rep. of Dave then you just need glasses :lesson:

Always-hungry

If you've killed him, and it was within the Republic of Dave, then his body should still be there.

Do you not remember where you killed him??

His body wont dissapear so if you've killed him in the Rep. of Dave then you just need glasses :lesson:

No body but as I said, I simply don't remember killing him and it's only when the Goule quest was given, It auto said dave was dead meat and I needed to recover the key, gggrrrrrrr, anyone else have this ..........pppppplllllllllllllease.

Always-hungry

Found him, dead as a donkey with keys intact. You got shoot them in the head quest, should read, shoot hartely in the head for not using local map.........thanks for all your help

smallclanger

Found him, dead as a donkey with keys intact. You got shoot them in the head quest, should read, shoot hartely in the head for not using local map.........thanks for all your help
Nice one. I've spent lots of time looking for something on my map and not finding it, the hardest bit is when it's on a different level as the map is 2d

ajcham

Novice Member
Not related to the OP's post, but I had a random bug with this quest that thought I would post here:

I was mid way through the shoot them in the head quest (I had objectives to get Dave's key and lie to Crowley that Tenpenny was dead) and I deviated off to do Operation Anchorage. On completing the final mission of that, the Operation Anchorage achievement popped up, followed straight away by the shoot them in the head achievement. The pipboy shows all objectives completed. Random.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom