Dave at LG when will the iplayer on 2011 tvs be fixed

General Waste

Established Member
Reaction score
Dave you said that the fix would be rolled out to all tvs- where is the fix for my 2011 LW505t.
Lg must know what the problem is and how to fix it because they have fixed the 2012 TVs. Why wont they fix the others,

Dont think for a second that I am going to ditch my 55inch for the latest model.
I want to know one way or the other

Is it talktalks fault
Is it LGs fault
Can LG fixt it.
Will LG fix it

They don't care about last years model's mate.they take your money and run.the apps on last years model are very hit and miss.the browser on the tv won't even load a web page without running out of memory.PATHETIC

When all this started my tv was 8months old.
Let this be a warning to anyone thinking of buying an LG.
My LW550t iplayer did work untill the 2012 tvs came out then it stoped.And has been left to rot.
Same will happen to 2012 tvs when 2013 comes out

Bought my LG 32LD490 32" Full HD 1080p LCD Invoice Date 22/06/11 (i have proof of purchase)

iplayer constant buffering started feb/2012

so my tv was also 8 mouths old when all this started

Surely We must be able to force them to fix it or refund the hard earned money we paid for these tv's
or even they could swap them for an equivalent 2012 model.

i for i would be willing to go to court if i thought i had a case against them.
anybody now how we stand on this issue

As you can see i was told a fix was coming soon on Wednesday, 27 June 2012, 12:50

Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2012, 12:50
Subject:

Dear Sir,

As you are aware, a fix has been implemented for the LG interactive/SMART TV's as noted by our Twitter blog, also viewable on our Blog at AVForums. Currently this fix is for 2012 units only, with the remaining SMART devices subject to update over the coming weeks. The delay for other models is owed to the 2012 TV's never receiving a direct pathway to BBC Iplayer, with the application being installed by reinitializing the premium content after the fix had been implemented.

Various models that have had this fault have always had a linkage to BBC Iplayer, thus incurring the need for relevant fixes to be administered by Firmware updates.

Best regards,

Lewis

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm

ps my first contact that i have proof of with LG about this problem was on

Received Date : 02/05/2012 21:54 14

i phone many times before this date but i have no proof of the phone calls

so my tv was in it's MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY at this stage

i though i would try one last thing you never know

Thank you for contacting Watchdog!

Thanks for submitting your story to Watchdog. We are unable to respond to every email but your experiences are vital in helping us choose which companies and issues to investigate. Keep your emails coming!

Read the latest Watchdog reports and keep updated on consumer stories and issues.

They should rebrand their smart TV to not so smart TV.lg are a joke they are not interested in last years TV's. I will never buy lg again

I bought my TV in September 2012, an LM660T - Iplayer has NEVER worked despite todays update!! useless...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom