Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Davc770 & Dav880?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tommo24, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to home cinema. I have just got a Sony KV26FS76 tv. Its faulty and I am getting it sorted in the next couple of weeks.

I need a reasonable home cinema system. I do not have the know how to put one together and not a massive budget.

I am very interested in the Sony DAVC770 and the DAV880. What are peoples opinions on these two. I know they have had initial problems but my local Sony Cnetre assures me things are sorted now. I also realise the Sub is somewhat inferior to others.

I would greatly appreciate peoples honest thoughts and experiences on these two models.

Kind regards and Happy New Year!!

Tom

2. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a DAVS-550 in November which is the poor cousin of the 880 and I'm really pleased with it - Prog Scan out put via Component is stunning. Just make sure you double check with the supplier about the subtitle problem. I used KrishAV who were great.

Good luck