1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAV SC6 or DAV SR3 (older models)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by refugee, Sep 19, 2005.

1. refugee

refugee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello!

Well, Sony center next to me is having a big sale of old models and I can get
    DAV SC6, and DAV SR3 for the price of DAV Z300.

Is this good offer? Are this systems good at all, cause I know some people hate Sony.
    I know that separates would sound better, but would also cost at least twice as much.
    And if I would have to choose, which one would be better choice?

2. DarrenB

DarrenB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DAV-SR3 comes with some nice looking bookshelf speakers for the front's....the unit is basically the same as the DAV-SR4, which is a good unit, s-master digital Amp, DTS, Dolby 5.1, Tuner, optical input...very nice. I'm sure with the bookshelf speakers it would do Music and Audio tracks justice....

3. refugee

refugee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply. So you think SR3 is worth its price.

Do you have some info also on the SC6? It has some really nice front speakers.

And are they both better then Z300? Z300 has divx playback, those old models haven't.

And is divx playback good on Sony? I read somewhere that they problems with subtitles?

4. DarrenB

DarrenB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, the sc6 is a real looker of a system - very stylish, it also it has an s-master amp and sacd playback so the audio should be nice as well....
    It has an RGB SCART output, so no progressive scan component video, meaning that the picture quality wont be as good as say, the dav-dz300, 500 or dav-dz700.....
    However, going by past experience with the DAV-SR4W, the picture with RGB SCART is very nice, and the SC6 does look really good.

The DAV-DZ300 looks very good value from pixmania, divx playback and progressive component out....you'd just need someting to mount those speakers on to bring them up to ear level....

I've tried a couple of divx discs without any problems on my dav-dz700w.....