Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dav s800 digital optical in

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jafxp, Sep 9, 2003.

1. jafxp

jafxp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have had a Sony Dav S800 for about while now but the picture has started developing vertical white lines (not noticeable all the time, but most noticeable when the picture is black). I have tried replacing the s-video lead with a new one and also tried and s-video to scart cable, none of these made any difference. Any 1 any idea what is causing it?

I am fairly new to Home Entertainment stuff and i am looking for some advice, i am very happy with the dav s800's audio performance for dvd playback and was wondering for a temp fix to the above problem could i hook another dvd player i have to the tv via an rgb scart (for picture) and connect an digital optical out (on this dvd player) > digital optical in on my dav-s800 (for audio). If i did this would i be able to hear the dd or dts sound threw my dav?