1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAV-S550 or JVC TH-A75R

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by morphin, Jul 18, 2003.

1. morphin

morphin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

In the "Home Cinema Choice magazine contents: March 2003" this two DVD Systems were compared. Somebody has read this comparison? What was the conclusion? Which are the differences between these 2 DVD Systems?

Thank's

Andy

2. jonnyg

jonnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi morphin,

I dont know what the out come in "Home Cinema Choice" was, but Ive tried both these systems just recently.....

Im a newbie to this area and decided to have a demo (local sony dealer) on the dav-s550 it sounded good so i went to richer sounds and bought one......
    When i set it up in my room the speakers felt solid and the system looked good but it just didnt cut it for me the sound was not what i expected......
    I returned it to richer sounds and plumbed for the Jvc although it was much punchier sound the speakers felt cheap and the system looked to retro/gimiky for me, i was just not happy with it......

So i went to manchester and had a listen to seperates at a proper dealers, it was a harmon dvd, denon amp and the new kef eggs/ sub it blew both the sony and jvc systems away by farrrrrr....

So ive ended up returning the jvc and paying extra for seperates.... Well just the amp up to now.

I dont know what your situation is but if u can have a listen to several systems (seperates as well as the dav-s550) b4 making the plunge.

If your anything like me u will pay the extra.......lol

Rgrds jonny