DAV-S500 all-in-one system , digital satellite receiver and Bravia HDTV

12345atm

I have an old DAV-S500 Home Theatre System. How can I connect this system (winthout HDMI out but with only RCA video out) with a digital satellite receiver with optical out and a new Bravia WDL40S3000 TV to mantain the automatic screen control of Bravia and an optimal video and audio optput? How can I send the audio of digital tv tuner of the Bravia to the DAV? Can you help me?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
if the surround system has an optical input,then use the optical out on the tv(if it has one.).
if it doesnt,just use the analogue(red/white) audio out from the tv,to the analogue audio in(red/white)on the surround.
it will only be stereo,but you may be able to pick an effect(field),that will allow useage of the rear speakers to give a surround effect.

12345atm

If:
1) I connect the digital 5. 1 satellite receiver (SCART port) to the Bravia
2) i connect the digital port of the receiver to the digital in port of the DAV-S500
3) I connect the RCA audio out of the Bravia to the Audio AUX in of the DAV
4) I disable the speakers of the Bravia

All work correctly without problems for the appliances?

Thank you

12345atm

DAV S500 has an optical digital input and my satellite receiver an optical digital output

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
If:
1) I connect the digital 5. 1 satellite receiver (SCART port) to the Bravia
2) i connect the digital port of the receiver to the digital in port of the DAV-S500
3) I connect the RCA audio out of the Bravia to the Audio AUX in of the DAV
4) I disable the speakers of the Bravia

All work correctly without problems for the appliances?

Thank you
Yes.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom