Dav IS10 Set up help please

fishingswampie

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have set my system up and just have a hdmi cable from the system into the back of Sony Tv. I can get sound via dvd but cant seem to get sound through the system when i have the TV on.

The system is playing on AV5 and my Satellite is playing on AV2 if that makes any difference.

Has anyone please got any ideas how i can rectify???? :lease:

I notice from a previous thread you have sky+ ?

So you connect as follows

Dav IS10>>> HDMI>>> TV

Sky+ >>>Scart (RGB)>>> SCART AV1>>> TV .........( change picture setting on sky from PAL to RGB)

Sky+>>> optical >>> DAV IS10

I notice from a previous thread you have sky+ ?

So you connect as follows

Dav IS10>>> HDMI>>> TV

Sky+ >>>Scart (RGB)>>> SCART AV1>>> TV .........( change picture setting on sky from PAL to RGB)

Sky+>>> optical >>> DAV IS10

Thank you for your time. Currently it seems like it is set nearly lke you say except for the

Sky+ >>>optical >>> DAV IS10. So i take it i need to buy an optical lead to connect the sky +?

Hi I have he same problem, sound comes through DVD but not from TV. I am currently using the RWY wires as I am waiting for a HDMI lead to arrive.
I dont have sky or any other wires going in the back. What is the best way to sort this please.

Thank you for your time. Currently it seems like it is set nearly lke you say except for the

Sky+ >>>optical >>> DAV IS10. So i take it i need to buy an optical lead to connect the sky +?

Yes just buy an optical lead:smashin:

Hi I have he same problem, sound comes through DVD but not from TV. I am currently using the RWY wires as I am waiting for a HDMI lead to arrive.
I dont have sky or any other wires going in the back. What is the best way to sort this please.

Karen, if your TV has 'Audio out' (TVs rear panel) will be 2 phonos (red white), just connect these to the Sony amp, then press function on sony remote to change the source

Ok another question please. :oops:

I have a wii can i connect that so it plays through the speakers of the Dav Is10? :thumbsup:

Ok another question please. :oops:

I have a wii can i connect that so it plays through the speakers of the Dav Is10? :thumbsup:

On the left at the rear of the amp there are 2 audio sockets (red/white), i think the wii also has the same connection, just connect cable between both and press function button remote of amp to hear sound from that source

This is an amazing little system i bought one a few weeks ago and the sound and pictures that are produced is stunning, it's well deserved of the awards it's won!

Hi All

I'm about to purchase a DAV-IS10 and I have a quick question.

Reading from the posts above I think I might have answered my own question, but I'd like to check anyway. Does the IS10 come with a HDMI and an Optical cable???

If not, can anyone recommend where to buy and what I should be going for.

Thanks

RS4Fluff

No it does not come with those cables ,i think the general consensus to where to buy is just purchase cheapies unless ,long runs are needed.

No it does not come with those cables ,i think the general consensus to where to buy is just purchase cheapies unless ,long runs are needed.

Hi L3g3nd

Ok, So budget ones will be ok ??? I've been looking at about £13 for the HDMI and £5 for the optical.

Any other things I need to consider ?? I see from another thread you have the same setup as I'm getting. 40W3000, HD & DAVIS10. I'll be interested in know how get on with our theatre synch question

Regards

RS4Fluff

I think i paid £19.99 for a 5 metre hdmi cable and i paid £15 for the optical but i did get that one from the sony store. Both seem to work fine. :smashin:

I have set my system up and just have a hdmi cable from the system into the back of Sony Tv. I can get sound via dvd but cant seem to get sound through the system when i have the TV on.

The system is playing on AV5 and my Satellite is playing on AV2 if that makes any difference.

Has anyone please got any ideas how i can rectify???? :lease:

Yes, you need to go into the custom setup menu of the DAV-IS and select HDMI Audio to ON.

It's off by default.

i am looking to buy this set up,can somebody tell me how long the leads are for the speakers and the subwoofer please.

It may sound like a daft question, but how big is the sub on the DAV IS10?

It looks massive on all the images I've seen.

The cables are very long for the rear speakers and the Sub is fairly large in compariosn to the speakers but i wouldn't say it's particularly large.

May be a bit late for some now... but try and get the DAV-IS10 region free...

if not, PM me and i may be able to tell you a way to do it yourself.

I am having real difficulty with this I cannot get sound from my IS10 via my hdmi I have tried all settings and changed audio output to hdmi as well could this cos of my hdmi cable?? i have the sandard cable branded silvercrest that comes with the ps3.

Please help and also i have a cable box which has the red and white connections and the IS10 has didgital coax for sat/cable. so how do i connect??

I am having real difficulty with this I cannot get sound from my IS10 via my hdmi I have tried all settings and changed audio output to hdmi as well could this cos of my hdmi cable?? i have the sandard cable branded silvercrest that comes with the ps3.

Please help and also i have a cable box which has the red and white connections and the IS10 has didgital coax for sat/cable. so how do i connect??

if connecting the ps3, to the tv,with hdmi,and connecting the IS10 to the tv,with hdmi,then
going into the IS10 custom setup,and selecting HDMI Audio to "ON",doesnt work,then connect the ps3 to the tv,with hdmi,and an optical audio lead to the IS10.
carry out the audio test on the ps3,when the IS10 is switched on,and optical is connected,and finally the optical AUX input is selected - the ps3 will then pick the audio formats that you can use.

as for the cable box,connect either the analogue or coax for audio into the IS10,and again,connect the video from the cable box,into the tv.
then pick the AUX input that corresponds to how you have the audio connected to the IS10.

-make sure though,that you set up the cable's audio as well,as if you use coax,it may well be set for stereo analogue only, as standard.

*or try the first method for connecting, to see if you can indeed get your cable box audio through hdmi,as is stated in the manual on page 45 of your manual.

Last edited:
I have heard a lot about the powerful bass output from the DAV-IS subwoofer but my experience is quite different. Just got one this system and set it up. All is working fine but the bass is very low. I have tried all setting to no success. Can anyone help please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom