• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Daul Layer disc & DVD Ram

Google eye

Standard Member
I have heard a lot about daul layer disc as my Panny can play them too.

Apparently you can record twice the length of normal DVD -R /RW disc.

Does that mean the XP setting is longer then an hour plus can you finalise or rewrite over them.

About Ram disc. I have a Pannasonic dmr-EH50. Can I record from the Ram disc to the hard drive on my DVD recorder on high speed dubbing?

Dave

I have heard a lot about daul layer disc as my Panny can play them too.

Apparently you can record twice the length of normal DVD -R /RW disc.

Does that mean the XP setting is longer then an hour plus can you finalise or rewrite over them.

About Ram disc. I have a Pannasonic dmr-EH50. Can I record from the Ram disc to the hard drive on my DVD recorder on high speed dubbing?

Dave

hi the dual layer discs when recorded on xp mode will give approx 2 hours recording time give an take a few minute's the dual layer disc's the recorder can write to arent the rewrite type they are just write once like dvd-r discs hope this help's and as for the hard disc to ram i dont know mate as ive only had my hard disc recorder a few hours so am unsure :)

ps if you are going to use dual layer disc's make sure you buy verbatim discs as all the other brand's are rubbish and do not work as they should

bigalt

Established Member
I have a ES15. the record time of the dual layer discs is much the same as the single layer ones. You have to close one layer before you can record on the second. This means that you can't set XP mode and record for 2 hours. It is just short of the hour. (58 ish mins I think).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom