• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Daughter wants pc

paul1979

Distinguished Member
My daughter is 9 she played games that are pap. She wants to be a YouTube (I keep pushing her to law). Anyhow she is asking for a pc (I can’t decide between this and Xbox). For around 600-700 are there any recommended bundles that include a monitor any one can recommend ?

Kapkirk

She can do a lot more with a PC than an Xbox, play music, movies, games, internet, homework/study, draw, colour stuff in (with the right software) word processing etc etc the world is her oyster with a PC. Pop down to your local electrical store and explain her needs, they should be able to hook you up with something half decent for £700. She will not be able to get a top power gaming system for that but definitely something that will do everything she wants and some basic gaming.

hughesie27

You could get a good 1080p system for that price. You'll struggle to get a decent PC and monitor though for it all. Certainly not impossible but it will be the most basic of monitors.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
How's your lego building skills ?

I would keep away from the likes of currys/pc world for a pc ..
most of their Pc's are rubbish .
you could take a look at Overclockers ,Scan or ebuyer for a prebuilt PC , but having some one else build it will cost you money ,
building you own is easy with a little bit of knowledge ...

Last edited:

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Agree, build your own. £700 should be OK, look at putting together a Ryzen system. I think there are quite a few threads in this forum with good suggestions, worth having a read and let us know what you're planning.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom