Quantcast

Daughter keeps dropping things and constanly cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpico77

Distinguished Member
My eldest daughter will be 6 in Feb and she keeps dropping things like, drinks, food and basically everything else she holds.
We keep asking what happened and she keeps saying it was an accident, then she starts to cry and shake.

Do you think we should take her to the doctors?

Any suggestions or anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

mikelj

If you're concerned then make an appointment with your GP; but she could just be clumsy - I drop stuff all the time:).

simon ess

Don't wish to sound harsh mate but I can't believe you're even wondering about it.

Of course get her to the doc.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
I have no direct experience with this (except daughters and grandchildren), but I would say yes, definitely go see a doctor. This does not sound entirely normal to me. She doesn't seem to intend to drop things, nor be naughty, which is why she is crying. If he finds nothing physically wrong, then at least one line of enquiry is eliminated.

FWIW, you should always by default take a young child to the doctor at any signs of anything unusual. This is one of the great things the NHS is all about. You will not be thought a timewaster.

Last edited:

serpico77

Distinguished Member
Thanks for all your comments, I made it sound worse than it actually is but my wife will take her to the doctors tomorrow, I think she is just clumsy but at least we will know for sure

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
This really concerns me, please get her to a doctor.
From what you have said it doesn't sound like a behaviour problem. her upsets look like the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.