Datel Service Tool not working

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by Leumas_10, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Leumas_10

Leumas_10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    As title really, I bought this datel service tool but it doesn't switch my battery into tool mode.

My batterys a genuine sony 1200mAh, fully charged I put it in the datel thing and the green light comes on indicating the battery is in 'normal mode' press the button and it should switch to 'tool mode' but it won't :thumbsdow I've tried holding the button for ages, taking the battery out and trying again, everything really.

What do you reckon, a duff datel tool or am I doing something wrong? I charged the battery via USB not the mains adaptor, should that matter?

Thanks, Sam

2. kdc

kdc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    need more info really. are you using the correct tool battery for your PSP? the slim takes a different battery to the phat. is your magic memory stick created properly, I found if the memory stick wasnt created properly it would just sit there not doing anything.

edit: ignore me... it helps if I actually followed the link and read what you were actually using!!

3. Scotty

Scotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
    I've used that same device on both a Datel Max 1800mAh and a genuine Sony 1800mAh battery both have worked fine.

From your description “1200mAh” it must be a slim battery?

To use the tool you just press the button no need to hold it in.

I can only guess that either you have a battery that can't be pandoraised or a faulty tool, no easy way to test without swapping out one or the other

4. Leumas_10

Leumas_10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Thanks for the replies! I think you're right scotty my battery can't be pandorised. Sorry I was a bit vague, it's a slim + lite 2000. Pretty certain it has one of the new motherboards and can't be hacked but just wanted to double check, seems I've gone the long way round it :suicide: because I've ordered one of these batteries aswell. I should've gone down this route before because even if it can't be hacked I still have a spare battery.