Datel Freeloader for GC Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by sh18, May 6, 2007.

1. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi, ive spent hours searching the net looking for answers but cant find anything straightforward so i thought id try here. Finally managed to get hold of a Wii 2 days ago and im loving it but i was looking into getting some Gamecube games i missed out on. Seeing as they are cheaper on NTSC than PAL, can anyone confirm that Datels Freeloader will work with the Wii? some forums ive searched on have said it does and others say it doesnt, i need a definitive answer! Also i was looking into getting an NTSC copy of Killer 7 as its much cheaper than PAL, if the freeloader does work with the Wii, will i be able to play this as its on 2 discs rather than just 1, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    The latest version of freeloader is compatible with the Wii yes, you can tell if it's the new version by the cover(example below). I think there are a handful of games not compatible(sorry but I don't know which ones) but nearly all should work.

Not only is it cheaper to buy NTSC Gamecube games in most instances, most of them run 480p too, the PAL versions do not.

[​IMG]

Will edit the thread title spelling mistake for you in a sec:)

3. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks Tetlee, ill get ordering some titles then! and thanks for the edit to title, i really should learn to type a little slower!

also before i forget what if a game has more than 1 disc? will it still work properley?

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    No problems, I played through NTSC Gamecube Resi4 on my PAL Gamecube using the feeloader disk. At the pont you need to move onto the second disk you simply swap over to second disk in-game as normal, when you do the next load-up you just load the second disk straight after the freeloader disk and leave the first disk in the box(assuming it's the same with other 2 disk games, was the only 2 disk game I had).

I have an NTSC Wii console now so don't need to use freeloader anymore.