Date code problems

C

Coppertop

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a lite-on 5005B recorder.
I've succesfully recorded from my Sony HC40 miniDV camcorder and another VHS camcorder to DVD and VCD.

Unfortunately only with the miniDV (the VHS transfer keeps the time and date onto the DVD) can I not record the display of time and date (which is a pain as I like to see this on all my recordings).
The time and date are selected to 'on' on the camcorder itself and is displayed when playing into the recorder.

Does anyone know why this is, and if there is anything I can do to ensure the time and date remains on the digital recording?

Cheers....

I'm guessing that the VHS recordings actually have the time and date burned into the pictures during recording, whereas with mini DV this is held as data which can be optionally displayed in the viewfinder.

Assuming you used the firewire connector for the transfer, it might be worth checking the analogue video output of the camcorder to check whether it can show this information.

I have asony and in it's instructions it does say that tiem & date and any digital effects will only show on the recording through the analogue leads. The firewire will not transfer this information onto the recording. Your cam could probably be similar. This supports what JJT said!

johnjackthom and the brummy_one, Thank you kindly for your replies.

I have since found in the manual to my DV camcorder just what you are saying.
I think I'll give it a try, using the analogue input,

Thanks again for your comments

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom